close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UPS charges in cart summary

Thread began 5/21/2013 2:20 pm by info374483 | Last modified 6/19/2013 1:10 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3355 views | 34 replies |

info374483

UPS charges in cart summary

I have added UPS real time in the Checkout Wizard. I am not seeing the shipping charge or the tax in the carts order summary before going to checkout. How can I get the shipping charge and tax to show before going to checkout?

Also if I did not want to include the checkout form on my site but go straight to Paypal to check out how would you link to that?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Tax are shipping are calculated based on the Shipping information that is entered in the checkout form.

it is not possible to calculate the tax or shipping before the checkout form is completed.

Once you fill in the checkout form, the confirm page will show the shipping and tax in the cart summary.

Also if I did not want to include the checkout form on my site but go straight to Paypal to check out how would you link to that?  

delete the checkout form from the checkout page.

on the cart page, set the checkout server behavior to pass a URL Variable to the checkout page:

checkout.php?Express=true

on the bindings panel, click the plus button and select URL variable, name it "express"

on the checkout page, double click the Authenticate transaction with paypal express. for the trigger, click the lightning bolt icon and select the express URL variable.

info374483

OK I think I will go ahead and keep it like it is using the checkout form on my site. If I was to delete the checkout form, does the realtime UPS shipping and tax get included on paypal checkout form?

If not deleting the checkout form I have another problem...when you enter an order and fill the checkout form but dont submit the order and you go back the shipping and tax are showing in the cart, so when you add another couple of items to the cart, the shipping stays the same. Why would the shipping be shown in the cart when going back to the cart if it did not show in the cart from the beginning.

Also the UPS charges are way to much. Im using Ground for 3 lbs. it charges 37.00 for shipping. When I do a quote at UPS it is only 9.00. In the ecart object I set the weight to oz, and UPS uses LBS.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

With express checkout, the user goes to the paypal site to enter the billing and shipping info, they are then returned to your site and the shipping and tax are calculated. they have the option to confirm the transaction or not at that point.

once the tax and shipping are calculated, they are stored in a session. you can add a clear session value server behavior to the cart display page to clear the tax and shipping sessions so they are not shown.

have you run the checkout wizard multiple times?

If you run the checkout wizard multiple times, it will add multiple behaviors for looking up the shipping, this will cause the shipping rate to increase.

if you need to re run the checkout wizard, make sure you delete the existing checkout pages first.

info374483

Yes I have ran the checkout wizard more than once. But I always delete all the pages that it creates from my side and the server before running it again. Here is the code that I am using. What is the shipper number? Also I have set ecart object to OZ but confirm page is set to LBS for UPS.

$Shipping_Parameters["CarrierCode"] = "03";
$Shipping_Parameters["PickupType"] = "01";
$Shipping_Parameters["CustomerClass"] = "none";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperNumber"] = "";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperCity"] = "Houston";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperState"] = "TX";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperZip"] = "77024";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShipperCountry"] = "US";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoCity"] = "".((isset($_POST["shipping_city"]))?$_POST["shipping_city"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoState"] = "".((isset($_POST["shipping_state_province"]))?$_POST["shipping_state_province"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoZip"] = "".((isset($_POST["shipping_postcode"]))?$_POST["shipping_postcode"]:"") ."";
$Shipping_Parameters["ShiptoCountry"] = "".((isset($_POST["shipping_country"]))?$_POST["shipping_country"]:"") ."";
while (($Shipping_Packaging == 1 && !$eCart1->EOF()) || ($Shipping_Packaging == 0 && $Shipping_Counter == 0)) {
if (WA_eCart_UPS_IsTrueValue("true")) {
$Shipping_PackageArray[] = array();
$Shipping_PackageIndex = sizeof($Shipping_PackageArray)-1;
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["eCart_Quantity"] = (($Shipping_Packaging == 1)?$eCart1->DisplayInfo("Quantity"):1);
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["IsPackage"] = "true";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["Quantity"] = "".WA_eCart_FormatNumber($eCart1->DisplayInfo('Quantity'), true, 1) ."";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["WeightUnits"] = "LBS";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageWeight"] = "".WA_eCart_FormatNumber($eCart1->TotalColumn('TotalWeight'), true, 1) ."";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageType"] = "02";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["SizeUnits"] = "IN";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageLength"] = "10";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageWidth"] = "10";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageHeight"] = "5";

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The shipper number is a part of your UPS account, UPS Should have given you that number.

in the server behavior, you will need to change the weight units to match the cart object.

info374483

OK I will call UPS and get the shipper number. I thought that all you needed was the account number, password and security key.

Anyway...new problem....I added a select field to the checkout.php page for UPS Ground, 2nd Day Air, etc...and I went to set a session value for the UPS_Service session form field. I am getting the same UPS rate as Ground and 2nd Day Air. Am I missing something here to bind something else to the select field? Sorry but getting frustrated.

YOU SAID in the server behavior, you will need to change the weight units to match the cart object.
If I change the server behavior to OZ I get an error from UPS. I guess they dont accept OZ only LBS.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see message 2 in this post for details on adding fields to the checkout form:
http://www.webassist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22392

info374483

Yes I did both of those steps except this one.

in the store order summary behavior, you will need to bind the new database columns to the corresponding form element

Would I enter this field in the orders table or the detail table? Also would I name the field UPS_Service?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the new fiield would be added to the orders table. you could use UPS_Service service for the name.

also, make sure you edit the UPS Shipping rate server behavior and bind the service to the session that is set.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...