close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Design Extender 1.1.2 has been released - Includes Inline live editing for PCMS Builder

Thread began 5/18/2013 12:18 pm by Jason Byrnes | Last modified 8/05/2015 1:03 pm by Ray Borduin | 3647 views | 6 replies |

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Design Extender 1.1.2 has been released - Includes Inline live editing for PCMS Builder

Design Extender 1.1.2 addresses the following Issues:

• Added Live Mode Editing to the PowerCMS installation. CMS areas can now be click edited when browsing the site when logged in as Admin. Steps for updating existing PowerCMS installations can be found here: http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=225

• Corrected an issue that caused a ‘Document.load() is depcreated’ console error to appear in FireFox when generating driving directions using a Google Map.

• Corrected an issue that caused Site Import to not follow page links that used fully qualified URLs.

• Corrected an issue that caused a slash / to be added after each keystroke when editing menu contents in the CSS Menu Writer user interface.

If you have a previous version oF Design Extender installed, make sure to uninstall it from the extension manager before installing this newer version.

Sign in to reply to this post

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Also the new Design Extender 1.1.2 includes SEO of Title, Description and Keyword metatags :) These can be created by selecting the appropriate metatag (the content inbetween the metatags) in your code and then select "Add Content to PowerCMS (this will automatically create database entries for Meta-Title, Meta-Description and Meta-Keywords...alternatively you can log into the PowerCMS Admin and create this content manually as long as you use Meta-Title, Meta-Description and Meta-Keywords as the content name.

DarylBeta Tester

Is it possible to add the in-line editing feature to areas that show content created using 'HTML Editor' rather than using the full 'Power CMS Builder'?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

At this time,it would need to be hand coded to add this to HTML Editor. We will be working on adding this feature to an update to Data Bridge, but for now, it is only a feature of Poser CMS.

I was going to write a tutorial using Ajax etc to include inline editing to CKEditor manually (without using PowerCMS) I haven't had a chance to write the tutorial yet...but can show the code via this thread if you need it quick...I got help creating it from Ray so it all works perfectly :)

@Daryl While I write up the code in a proper tutorial...here are the "magic components" in getting Inline Editing without PowerCMS:

On the page you wish to apply the Inline feature create a php function that pulls in the element (this saves on having multiple recordsets due to having many elements on the page that are editable) Here is an example that I had adapted to also checks the php filename and uses that to filter.

<?php require_once('Connections/jpackerdb.php'); ?>
<?php
function getCMSByElement($db,$connection,$element) {
$basefile = basename ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] );
mysql_select_db($db, $connection);
$query_rsCMS = "SELECT CMSContent FROM cms WHERE CMSLocale = '$basefile' AND CMSElement = '$element'";
$rsCMS = mysql_query($query_rsCMS, $connection);
$row_rsCMS = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsCMS);
mysql_free_result($rsCMS);
return $row_rsCMS["CMSContent"];
}
?>

2. Next where you want to apply the inline editing to (in my example a H1 tag I used for the heading for my page:

<h1 contenteditable="true" rel="Header"><?php echo getCMSByElement($database_jpackerdb, $jpackerdb,'Header'); ?></h1>

3. then call the ckeditor.js file:

<script src="js/ckeditor/ckeditor.js"></script>

4. then the actual javascript that includes AJAX which will then pass on an update.php file (the update.php just consides of a webassist update record behaviour and I use <?php echo ($_POST["CMSElement"]); ?> for the value.

<script type="text/javascript">
if (window.CKEDITOR) {
CKEDITOR.on("instanceCreated", function (event) {
var editor = event.editor
var element = editor.element;
var contentID = element.getAttribute("rel");
var toolbar = element.getAttribute("toolbar");

if ( element.is( 'h1', 'h2', 'h3' ) || element.getAttribute( 'id' ) == 'taglist' ) {
editor.config.toolbar = [
["Bold","Italic","Underline","Strike", "Link"]
];
}

editor.on("blur", function() {
if (this.checkDirty()) {
if (confirm("Save Changes?")) {
this.resetDirty();
var params = {
CMSElement: contentID,
body_text: this.getData()
};
$.ajax({
url: 'cms-update.php',
global: false,
type: "POST",
dataType: "text json",
data: params
});
} else {
element.innerHTML = this.oldEditorData;
}
}
});
editor.on("focus", function() {
this.resetDirty();
this.oldEditorData = this.getData();
});
});
}
</script>

Chris

Atiqur Sumon

This code is working thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...