close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power CMS now limited?

Thread began 5/16/2013 10:26 pm by CheopisIV | Last modified 5/31/2013 12:31 pm by bill3786 | 8600 views | 68 replies |

CheopisIVBeta Tester

Power CMS now limited?

It's been some time since I was on the forums or Webassist site but I came back to see if Power CMS Builder had any updates. In my user panel, I see a section now that indicates I can only use the Power CMS Builder plugin on 1 site? When did this come to pass?

When I bought the plugin it was advertised as unlimited use which is why I bought it. I'm looking to use it again on a new site; am I going to have issues installing it?

Sign in to reply to this post

CheopisIVBeta Tester

After searching the forums, I found that maybe it's just there because the 'Solutions' on my account require it.

According to this post;
http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?t=19061&accesscheck=/forums/posts.php?t=19061
the 'Extensions' are all developer licensed so Power CMS (Solution) is good for one site and Power CMS Builder (Extension) should be good for as many as I need, correct?

CraigRBeta Tester

That's right, the solution is good for 1 site licence, PowerCMS builder extension can be used on multiple sites

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Update to PowerCMS Builder hopefully should be available later today. It will include latest CKEditor Inline Editing and SEO updating :)
(So look out for Design Extender Updates in your download area)

bill3786

Is this correct, that PowerCMS Builder includes CKEditor Inline Editing i.e. CKEditor4?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Not yet, but it will be soon be included in Design Extender.

(We will be releasing an update to design Extender shortly that will include CKEditor 4.1 and inline editing, we are just finishing up final testing now)

bill3786

Ok thanks, glad to hear inline editing is coming soon.

CheopisIVBeta Tester

Thanks for the responses and confirmation! Power CMS Builder (Design Extender now) is one of the best and most useful and easy to integrate CMS plugins I've found so it shocked me to think it was now limited.

The new versions seems to be working pretty good with the live editing. Takes some getting used to but it's pretty slick.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

@bill3786:
The Update to design Extender that includes Live Editing is available now:

http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=31207

bill3786

Thanks Jason, been looking through the pcms_update folder to see what is different in the old and new system. We would like to update a school website that we built for a client and as this would be an FOC update we would like it to go smoothly and quickly so a number a questions. At this point the client knows nothing about the existance of an inline editing system so we would like to update their site to see how it works before we design new Power CMS sites for other clients.

1. So that we can describe to the client how the updated system will work could you give a brief explanation of how the old and new systems differ. We realise that the inline editor displays the online page but not yet sure how the process is presented to the client as they logon and edit the site. If possible some screenshots of what the client will see with the new system would be useful.

2. It looks as though the enter key is already set for line breaks in the new ckeditor/config.js file. In the old system we had this set in the contents_update.php and contents_insert.php files so is there no need to do this now in these two files?

3. We had some specific h1, h2 and h3 styles set in ckeditor/contents.css so would these be set in the new ckeditor/contents.css file or would it be done in ckeditor/config.js

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...