close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Recreating the Powerstore Checkout

Thread began 5/09/2013 7:07 am by B Tonkin | Last modified 5/09/2013 7:50 am by Jason Byrnes | 342 views | 1 replies |

B Tonkin

Recreating the Powerstore Checkout

Do you guys have any details / instructions on how to go about recreating something like what PowerStore uses for it's checkout process? I've got both PowerStore and eCart 5. Really love the potential and customisability of eCart 5. PowerStore, whilst a fantastic solution for easy store management, doesn't give me the level of control I'm looking for ... HOWEVER, I really love how the checkout process works.1) Add product to cart. 2) Check out with PayPal. 4) Provide login / payment details, click continue. 4) Returns to site for final confirmation on site.

The problem I have is trying to get eCart to do something similar in regards to returning users to the site for final confirmation. I've got it most of the way there, but the last step lands me at PayPal where I complete the payment there and then have to wait to return to the site as opposed to it being done automatically.

The other thing I'd love to be able to do is not have to integrate the eCart system into purchasing a product. I've got a site where people provide their details, which goes into a database before they pick 1 of 3 payment options (small, medium, large so to speak). They can't purchase more than one item and what they've ordered goes into the same table as the whole order (as opposed to storing that information in multiple tables). I'd love for members to shoot off to PayPal to provide their details, then be pushed back to the site for final confirmation.

Is there any tutorial or content I can refer to to help me do this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Use paypal Express Checkout for this.

The checkout wizard adds express checkout as part of paypal payments pro.

after running the wizard, you can remove the checkout form on the checkout page and only leave the express checkout button.

"The other thing I'd love to be able to do is not have to integrate the eCart system into purchasing a product."

PayPal will not accept a transaction without a product associated. The customer needs to select a product before they begin the checkout process.

The gateway needs to know the price of the transaction before they will start processing it.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...