close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

Thread began 5/08/2013 8:13 am by Sally | Last modified 12/19/2019 11:48 pm by anonymous | 10834 views | 13 replies |

Sally

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

I have a form that sends an email and attachment to residents of an HOA. It used to work but now when I try it gives me an error "Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset." in Chrome and "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." in FF. I have also had someone else try this from another location on their computer and they get the same problem, so I know it's not a local issue.

I called the hosting company and am honestly not sure they guy was wanting to help. He said right away that they change things on mail servers "all the time because of hackers" and I have to have the form send to localhost not to mail.domain.com. I'm not sure how this is set up. I just used the wizard. It's hard for me to believe they made a change that would affect all of WA forms and I wouldn't see a lot of posts here, but I just mention it because he did.

Yesterday someone used the form without sending an attachment and it worked fine then. I also have a similar form that is supposed to upload a file to a database as well as send it to all residents, and I get the same error with that one - so it seems to be something with adding an attachment.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm totally stuck. also, the file is only 46kb - so not large.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

since it happens on forms with file upload, it sounds like a server time out issue.

how big is the file you are attaching? can you try with a smaller file?

Sally

Sorry, I think I was adding the file size as you were replying. It's only a small Word document - about 46 kb. I p.m.'d some other info for testing.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see private message.

Sally

Info sent.

Sally

Got the message with no attachment.

Sally

Got the test msg with gif. Btw, if it makes a difference, Upload_DB_Documents.php is another file that is also giving the same error. It's basically the same as Email_Residents.php except that it also uploads the attachment and inserts it into a database. They both used to work, and both now give the same error so they no doubt have the same issue.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it seams that network solutions is blocking upload of .doc files.

in both of those forms, the form times out on uploading a .doc file, but if i convert the doc file to a zip, it works. It also works with other file types.

You should have received an email from both of those forms with the word doc converted to a zip.

Sally

Wow. I wonder when they started doing that and if I can get them to stop.

I guess I will contact them with what you found out. At least now we know what the problem is and that it's not WA forms, as they were stating.

Thanks so much, Jason, for all your great support and help.

anonymous

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Windows 10

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...