close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

New Dreamweaver coming in June

Thread began 5/06/2013 2:42 pm by Christopher West | Last modified 5/10/2013 10:06 am by CraigR | 2324 views | 8 replies |

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

New Dreamweaver coming in June

Hey guys from the keynotes of the Adobe MAX conference it seems like the new Dreamweaver will be out sometime in June.

Here is the link foor new Dreamweaver features: http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/dreamweaver.html

and the Adobe MAX conference updates: http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2013/05/big-day-1-news-at-max.html

Chris

Sign in to reply to this post

esmsBeta Tester

Yes - but from CS7, you are forced into using Creative CloudCuckoo. Perpetual licences have now stopped forever at CS6. Wonder how much impact this will have on companies such as WebAssist, Extend Studio, Project 7 etc...

Yeah I see what you mean. I already subscribe to the creative cloud suite...works out around £47/month. The way I see I feel about it is that it isnt that bad since version upgrades are free with the subscription price. Also even if Adobe does remove server behaviours completely from Dreamweaver I read somewhere that you can simple install a plugin that allows server behaviours to be included back in.

Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Thanks for posting this Chris.

After Dreamweaver 7 is released, we will be working on Updates to Data Bridge, Design Extender and eCart for compatibility.

I actually am positive that this change that Adobe is adopting in Dreamweaver to remove the server behaviours, bindings, database will be more beneficial to WebAssist as a company in terms of growth as once users who arnt customers of WebAssist will be converted to the WebAssist extensions due to them providing what is required to create database driven websites...so positive times ahead I see :)

Chris

YellowCircleWeb

I see this as a positive move too Chris. We already subscribe to creative cloud and it's not just Photoshop and Dreamweaver that are useful. The fact you get basically everything Adobe produce for design work, free upgrades and also complimentary membership to Typekit is great, plus the 20gb cloud storage is handy too. I think some people forget that when you buy software you don't actually own it ever. You pay for a license to use that software. Adobe have changed their licence terms, but are offering a much wider set of tools. £47/month is a bit of a bargin I reckon.

CraigRBeta Tester

I noticed if you have CS6, the licence is much cheaper. (Pity captivate isn't included in the suite.)

Anyone had any experience of using Edge ?

I did an interactive flash grid a couple of years ago and would like to re-create it in html5

Hi Craig. I used Edge around a month ago for the first time. A little getting used to but it's pretty easy to use :) I only done a basic animation for a website though. It's on the about us page and the URL is www.samharropassociates.co.uk

Chris

CraigRBeta Tester

Thanks Chris, I'll take a look

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...