close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email - Attachment Not Attaching on Godaddy but elsewhere works.

Thread began 5/02/2013 11:29 pm by jeff382039 | Last modified 5/03/2013 10:52 am by jeff382039 | 10813 views | 4 replies |

jeff382039

Universal Email - Attachment Not Attaching on Godaddy but elsewhere works.

I have universal email set up with a file attachment. This works fine on my other server, but when i moved the simple script over to godaddy, the files are uploading to the folder on the server, but the files are not being attached to the email being sent. I receive the email fine, but with no attachments.

The page is viewable here:
http://register.plateparking.com/plate.php

The php Info file here:
http://plateparking.com/info.php

And here the same page that works fine on another server.
http://clients.frogontop.com/plate.php

Plus i have attached the page code as well. The upload folder exists with the correct file permissions, everything is uploading fine. The images just aren't attaching to the email being sent out - only from godaddy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
plate.php
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to troubleshoot the probelm, i'll need you to make a few changes to the page code:

change line 160:
$GoToPage = "thanks.php";

to:
$GoToPage = "";

so that the redirect dos not happen.

add the following code at line 1 to turn on error reporting and write the contents of the $_FILES array:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
if ((
$_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST"))     {
var_dump($_FILES);
}
?>

open the bindings panel, and from the WA Uploaded Files Global Status group add the debug info binding to the page.

After making these changes try the email again , and send the results along with a copy of the following file:

webassist/email/waue_plate_1.php

jeff382039

Instructiosn FOllowed - Results

See private Message for results

Attached Files
waue_plate_1.php

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the attachment section, you are using the submitted file option. This wont work if you also have the file upload behavior.

The Submitted file option will only work if you do not include the file upload.

to perform both functions, save the file to the server and attach it to the email, you have to use the Entered Value option for the attachment.

For each file upload behavior, there will be a binding group named WA Uploaded Files (<File Field Name>). each of these contains a binding for server file directory and server file name.

Select entered value option, then click the lightning bolt and expand WA Uploaded Files (<File Field Name>) binding group, select the server file directory binding, and copy the binding code. Then select the server file name binding. place your cursor before the server file name binding and paste the server file directory binding code before it.

repeat this for each file field.

jeff382039

That worked, funny how the original version still works on the other server..... different php versions?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...