close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Custom fields in ecart and additional shipping options?

Thread began 4/30/2013 9:27 am by rod431909 | Last modified 2/24/2015 8:11 am by rod431909 | 2780 views | 19 replies |

rod431909

Custom fields in ecart and additional shipping options?

I have several fields that I wish to add to the cart checkout pages generated by the wizard. And I would also like to offer multiple shipping options (Ground, 3-day, overnight). Can this be handled through the wizard or do I have to take another approach?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see this thread for details on adding fields to the checkout form created by the wizard.

http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?pid=82829

adding the shipping options will be similar, the selected option will need to be stored in a session variable, you can then create shipping rules to trigger based on the session variable value.

rod431909

Thanks Jason. You rock dude.

rod431909

Ok. So I finally got to the point where I need to address this. I understand (basically) how this works. I will set a dropdown on the cart page to select either ground, next day, 2 day or 3 day UPS shipping. Then on the confirm page I will create a hidden form element, then in the eCart server behaviors create a session value. Where I'm confused is in regards to how this gets passed to the UPS system. In the eCart wizard it refers to it as the Service Type. Do I set the form values to Ground etc., or are there corresponding numeric values, like Ground = 0 etc. I don't see an existing element in either the eCart or UPS Result to bind this to. How do I pass the value to wherever the Service Type is tracked?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

to add the list, goto the snippets panel:
Window -> Snippets

in the snippets panel select eCart -> Shipping -> UPS Services this will add a list of services to the checkout page.

see this post for details on the protocol for adding a field to the checkout page:
http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?pid=82829

basically, when adding a field to the checkout page, you need to add a set session value behavior and hidden field of the same name to the confirm page.

once that is all in place, edit the shipping rate look up behavior on the confirm page. For the Shipping service, click the lightning bolt and select the Session variable that will be created

rod431909

Hi Jason. I know this is long after this thread was last visited but I have a problem that is related to the process you suggested above. The session for the shipping costs that I added never seems to go away. Neither when I use the Modify Information button from the Confirm page or if I use the Clear Cart button on the cart page. I followed the form posts and found the function ClearCart() within the WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php page, but I can't find where this session should be reset. Any suggestions? Changes to shipping on the Confirm page don't take either.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Use the Clear session value server behavior to clear individual sessions. you can set the trigger to use Clear Cart button pressed.

rod431909

Didn't work. Went to my cart page, added the server behavior, can see it in the list. When I run the page it drops the product but not the shipping (as generated by WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($eCart1, $eCart1->GetShipping()). Also, when I go through the checkout process and on the confirm page, clicking on the Modify Information button (which brings me back), I can change any of the info except the shipping. Stays on last value.

I wonder if, because there is a clear cart already on the page, before this one, if the redirect and update make it so that it never reaches the clear session with the second behavior?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

rod431909

Please see the private message

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...