close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

powercms installation error

Thread began 4/25/2013 12:55 am by tolushayoo193471 | Last modified 4/26/2013 1:18 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2299 views | 9 replies |

tolushayoo193471

powercms installation error

am trying to install the powercms after downloading but it says the installation will not proceed that the extension is invalid. am using Dreamweaver cs5

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This means the download was corrupted.

Delete the MXP file that you downloaded, and download it again.

When you click the download link, you may be prompted to Open the File, or save it. Make sure to select the option to save it.

once he download completes, open the extension manager, in the extension manager click the Install button and browse to the MXP File you downloaded to begin the installation.

tolushayoo193471

thank you, I've done what you posted several times before I contacted the forum. And I've also followed what you said

But the result is still: The extension package is invalid. The extension will not be installed.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Try using a different browser, sometimes when a download becomes corrupted the browser will keep corrupting further attempts.

tolushayoo193471

I've used Firefox, chrome and explorer, the other extension installed successfully it's just this one

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I just tested the power CMS Builder download and it downloaded successfully for me.

Do you have a virus scanning program that is scanning the downloaded files? Try turning that off.

make sure you delete the files you have already downloaded before you try downloading again.

Also, Empty the browsers cache

after the file has finished downloading, don't double click the MXP file to start the install, instead, open the Extension Manager, click the install button and browse to the MXP file you downloaded.

make sure you are browsing the correct download folder for your browser.

tolushayoo193471

I've done all this but still no luck. Is it possible you email me the one you download so that i can try it. thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have emailed the MXP File to you.

tolushayoo193471

thank you Jason, the one you email to be installed successfully. God Bless

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear it worked.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...