close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

now CS6 My form creator longer works right Design Extender

Thread began 4/16/2013 10:59 am by rob294118 | Last modified 4/23/2013 9:47 am by rob294118 | 2911 views | 15 replies |

rob294118

now CS6 My form creator longer works right Design Extender

I now have CS6. My form creator no longer works right. I have Design Extender. How do I create forms now?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Form Building functionality of CSS From Builder is a part of the Data Bridge extension.

You need to have data Bridge in order to create forms.

rob294118

So now I have to spend $150 for a functionality I had before? Really?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Stand Alone version of Form Builder is not compatible with DW CS6. Either continue using form builder in the previous Dreamweaver version you had been using, or you will need to upgrade to Data Bridge in order to use Form Builder in DW CS6.

rob294118

Does this have most of the things that PowerStore has?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power Store is a pre built application, it is not an extension.

Some of the tools of Data Bridge where used to create some of the functionality of Power Store, beyond that it is not possible to compare the 2.

for more details on Data Bridge, see the following page:
http://www.webassist.com/dreamweaver-extensions/data-bridge

rob294118

One more quick question. I want to build the following website. Is it possible with Design Extender and is there a tutorial I can look at?

Online Flea Market Website. I am looking for a website that will allow vendors to purchase a table to sell their Flea Market / Yard Sale items. The vendor will purchase a table for a fee paid by Paypal.

Flea Market categories will be broken down into several categories (antiques, new stuff, food, etc.). The website should allow for items and stores to be featured for an additional fee.

I am looking for an experience person who has done this before. The site should be expandable and the you should be able to do custom programming if necessary.

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hi Rob. I recommend purchasing Databridge and eCart, with these tools you can go beyond the Wizards that make up part of these extensions as you can go very much into advanced features if necessary. There are no limitiations of these extensions since they can have custom coding applied to them. The Wizards are good, but the extensions provide far more flexability in terms of the server behaviours. If you want help then I am perhaps anyone else on this forum would be happy to help.

rob294118

I have both those extentions but and an intermediate user. I know how to build a store but not a site with multiple stores that a member could create.

Any idea where to start?

Thanks a lot.

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hi, well you would only need 1 store and then in your products tables in the database have a field that stores the MemberID so that then you can filter those products belonging to that specific member so that on your website you could have a page that belongs to that member and only the products which also contains their MemberID would be displayed therein. So then you could have a navigation menu option called something like "Member Store" which then dynamically lists all members who are registered on your website and that have paid for a unique selling area...then this page would display their products depending on a filtered recordset.

Chris

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...