close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Progress bar just showing "completed 0"?

Thread began 4/12/2013 1:22 pm by iainmacdonald331081 | Last modified 4/17/2013 7:21 am by iainmacdonald331081 | 1166 views | 18 replies |

iainmacdonald331081

Progress bar just showing "completed 0"?

I'm just trying to add a progress bar to a page sending out a mail shot. I didn't think there was much scope to go wrong with this one, but when I try it out, I just get a small box saying "completed 0".

The emails get sent OK, this was just to add some visual feedback for the site owner.

I did see this thread:

http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=29627

And have updated that JS file.

And checked the correct web assist folder is all uploaded. So I'm not sure what I've missed.

I've attached a copy of the page, and a screenshot showing what it does.

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of Data Bridge?

Make sure that you have version 1.1.3 installed.

Also go to the webassist/email/ folder and delete the mail_php.php and mailformating.php files , then edit the UE server behavior and click ok to have them regenerated.

Sign in to reply to this post

iainmacdonald331081

Thanks Jason - it was version 1.1.3

I've been trying deleting those files - I've deleted the entire /email/ folder from the remote server, deleted those two from my local machine and edited the UE behaviour without making any changes, and reuploaded the entire /webassist/ folder and emailCandidates.php pages.

It did look promising, as in the server behaviour box it did have (prior version) next to the UE behaviour before I edited it, and was gone after I edited.

But unfortunately nothing looks like it has changed.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure the webassist/email folder is set to 755 permissions. it will try to create an xml file in that folder to track the email count, if it cant write to that folder, it wont be able to create the xml file.

Sign in to reply to this post

iainmacdonald331081

Had a look, and the /webassist/ , /webassist/email/ and /webassist/progress_bar/ folders are all set to 755.

There was a file, waue_emailCandidates_1_Progress_xml.php file in there, which looked right in that the last time it was used it was for 6 emails.

I've attached it now to check that's what you'd expect ie a php file rather than an xml file.

Attached Files
waue_emailCandidates_1_Progress_xml.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, i'll have to look at the pages directly

Sign in to reply to this post

iainmacdonald331081

Thanks Jason.

Details below.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Looks like a bug was causing the progress js file not to be added.

i changed:
<script src="../webassist/progress_bar/jquery-blockui-formprocessing.js" type="text/javascript"></script>


to:
<script src="../webassist/progress_bar/jquery-blockui-formprocessing.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="../webassist/progress_bar/emailCandidates_Universal_Email_1_Progress.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

i'll log a bug that it is not being added and causing the progress bar to fail.

Sign in to reply to this post

iainmacdonald331081

Thanks Jason.

One other thing - I thought I had it set to limit it to four emails per minute, which was why I had six test records thinking that should take over a minute to send. But it's sending those six pretty much instantly.

Can you check that please?

Sign in to reply to this post

iainmacdonald331081

Sorry Jason - not sure what I've done wrong now, but I've managed to break it again.

It was working OK, and I was looking at why there was no bar, and realised the same bug must have prevented adding the link to:

emailCandidates_Universal_Email_1_Progress.css

So I added that, but after I uploaded it, it didn't work.

I should have downloaded the copy you uploaded, but if all you changed was that line above to reference that .js file then I'm not sure what happened.

I've just spent a bit of time retracing steps, starting from scratch, but can't get it to work again.

Sorry to be a pain, but could you have another look please? Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post
loading

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...