close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Universal Email Insert Record to Email Log

Thread began 4/05/2013 10:09 am by robcorrick409194 | Last modified 4/10/2013 7:25 am by Jason Byrnes | 1562 views | 8 replies |

robcorrick409194

Universal Email Insert Record to Email Log

WA's Universal Email logging system is generally working quite well. But I have one problem of a Java Script Error. I pass the current WA UserID through the Universal Email form to the email log record in the Insert Record dialogue. In some cases, however, I receive the following error message: "While executing applyServerBehavior in CreateEmailMessageWA.htm, a JavaScript error occurred." This occurs when I am trying to bind the UserID from The WA email form to the email log database (where I have created a new field of UserID). Any suggestions to solve this problem? Where is the file CreateEmailMessageWA.htm lcoated? It does not show up in my finder. I was hoping to even make the change manually. I could totally uninstall the Universal Email behavior and reinstall, with hope that this would fix it, but I would like to avoid this if possible because email functionality can be tricky. I will do the uninstall if this is your best recommendation. Thanks you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of Universal Email are you using?

What is your OS?

What is your version of Dreamweaver?

robcorrick409194

Java Script Universal Email

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8.3
Dreamweaver: CS5 Version 11.0 Build 4993
Universal Email: I purchased the the latest complete package from Web Assist last year. My Adobe Extension Manager shows that I have installed Databridge, which lists the Email feature. I have no messages in the Dreamweaver server behavior that Universal Email is an old version, but perhaps this could be a problem. I could try downloading the latest Universal Email again. Please advise.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is the version of Data Bridge? The latest version is 1.1.3

robcorrick409194

Data Bridge 1.1.3 Universal Email not updating email log

Thanks Jason for advising me to update Data Bridge. I did not realize that there was a new version. After installing the latest version of Data Bridge, I no longer have the Java Script error when I attempt to pass the UserID field to the email log. This is great.

The problem now is that the email no longer updates to the email log. The email itself still works fine, which I receive immediately in all tests. I have employed the email server behavior in several pages on my site. The old version was working, updating the email log every time, but each time that I update the behavior using the new version of Data Bridge, the behavior stops updating the email log. My database connections still look good because they were working previously and nothing was changed. Perhaps something to do with the bindings, not sure, but all of my recordsets are appearing to work well on the testing server. Thanks for any suggestions that you might have.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the webassist/email/ folder, delete the mail_php.php and mailformating.php files.

on your page, open the server behaviors panel, then double click the universal email server as if you are going to edit the settings, then click the OK button to have those 2 file regenerated.

make sure to upload the new versions to the server.

robcorrick409194

Data Bridge 1.1.3 Universal Email not updating email log

Thank you Jason for your fix. This fixed the problem and the email log is updating very well now.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You're welcome

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...