close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How do I control what is display in PayPal?

Thread began 4/04/2013 3:39 am by Kamen Nikolov | Last modified 4/05/2013 4:53 am by Kamen Nikolov | 1253 views | 5 replies |

Kamen Nikolov

How do I control what is displaying in PayPal?

Hello,

How and where do I control what is displaying in PayPal at checkout? in my confirm.php there is a display code what need to display in PalPal:

<?php //WA eCart Validation
if ((WA_eCart_FormatNumber($ag_Store->DisplayInfo("Price") - (($ag_Store->DisplayInfo("Price")/$ag_Store->TotalColumn("TotalPrice")) * $ag_Store->GetDiscounts()), false, 2) > 0)) {
?>
<input type="hidden" name="amount_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="amount_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="<?php echo WA_eCart_FormatNumber($ag_Store->DisplayInfo("Price") - (($ag_Store->DisplayInfo("Price")/$ag_Store->TotalColumn("TotalPrice")) * $ag_Store->GetDiscounts()), false, 2) ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_name_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="item_name_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="<?php echo $ag_Store->DisplayInfo("Name") ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="item_number_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="item_number_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="<?php echo $ag_Store->DisplayInfo("ID") ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="quantity_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="quantity_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="<?php echo $ag_Store->DisplayInfo("Quantity") ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="on0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="on0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="os0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="os0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="on1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="on1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="os1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="os1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="" />
<?php //WA eCart Validation

I need to display instead of the Product ID all the options my visitor have picked in the shopping cart, such as size, time and date they have picked in the checkout.

Is there another page or script that control the display and how do I control that? How can I pass the Product Size, Time of an Event or any important info to the PayPal so that the store owner knows what people are buying?

Thank you

Sign in to reply to this post

Kamen Nikolov

I just realized I don't have pp_cancel.php, pp_checkout_failure.php, pp_checkout_success.php, pp_confirm.php. Is that OK/normal? I am using PayPal Standard.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

paypal standard does not include the pp_ pages, those are used by paypal express checkout.

these elements:
<input type="hidden" name="on0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="on0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="os0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="os0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="on1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="on1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="os1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="os1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="" />

are used for passing options. the on0_... and on1_.. elements are used for the option name. the os0_... and os1_... are used for the option value.

paypal only allows for 2 options, so you will need to pass Size and Color as one option, use the bindings panel to set the value of the os0_... element to the Size and Color cart columns.

add the other column bindings to the os1_... element. You can add labels to the name elements for the options.

Kamen Nikolov

Just like that:

<input type="hidden" name="on0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="on0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="<?php echo $ag_Store->DisplayInfo("productSize") ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="os0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="os0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="<?php echo $ag_Store->DisplayInfo("productSize") ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="on1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="on1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="<?php echo $ag_Store->DisplayInfo("productColor") ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="os1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="os1_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="<?php echo $ag_Store->DisplayInfo("productColor") ?>"" />

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

well, the on0 and on1_ elements should be a lable:

<input type="hidden" name="on0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" id="on0_<?php echo $ag_Store_Index+1; ?>" value="Product Size" />

Kamen Nikolov

Hi Jason,

It did work for me and the info is transferring to PayPal. On the other hand I had tree options and I did created a third group of options on3... and os3... and it is working just fine.

Thank you for your help.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...