close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

unable to edit

Thread began 3/31/2013 9:43 am by jerry394338 | Last modified 5/23/2013 10:11 am by Jason Byrnes | 2286 views | 9 replies |

jerry394338

unable to edit

I was able to install the cms. Went through the install wizzard. Then added content from dreamweaver. No problem. uploaded all to the server. when logged into cms can see all the pages in the menu. can click on the page on the menu and get to the open content menu area. I can see the content. when I click on edit I can see a flash of the html code and then the screen where the editor should be is blank. Since that content was uploaded from Dreamweaver I also tried adding content directly from the cms admin panel, same results. I compared that site with another site I have that I know is working to see if I could identify any files that my be missing. From what I can see all looks OK.
Any Ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Atse

Same problem

Hi Jason
Im having the same problem, i have created a CMS for a site and now i can't edit anything

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

are you trying to edit using Dreamweaver?

Or using the CMS Admin?

can you give details on what happens when you try to edit?

Ar you getting an error message?

if so what is the error?

Atse

CMS

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  are you trying to edit using Dreamweaver?

Or using the CMS Admin?

can you give details on what happens when you try to edit?

Ar you getting an error message?

if so what is the error?  

Hi Jason

What I have basically done was create a website for my client. After creating the website I have followed all the step to connect to my database and server to be able to set up a CMS for the client. I have used Add Content to PowerCMS as I want the client to be able to update the content and also image. I added about, index and baby page and tried to follow the tutorial. But from the admin I couldn't edit as when I tried to edit a page all I can see its a grey area also I have notice when I add content to powerCMS from dreamweaver I can not edit that content any more in dreamweaver. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. another thing is that in my admin page when I open the help page I can see only half because the other half is all black. could you please help me there. please send me your email for me to give your my admin details to check the file if that ok with you or tell me what i'm doing wrong. I have notice another thing is I can not add a new page in the admin page from the template I create in dreamweaver.
Another thing I will like to know is how to create my own template and use it as theme, I have tried but the message I got is the file need to be a XML file

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

That looks like not all files have uploaded to the server.

make sure that all of the site files are uploaded to the server, the screen shot looks like some files are missing.

see these 2 tutorials for details on using Power CMS Tempaltes:
http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=27

http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=28

Atse

Hi Jason

Thanks, I have tried to upload all files, the message I got from dreamweaver is all files been uploaded successfully but when I go live to check the admin page I got the same problem. Do you think that I need to get in touch with my hosting service provider or is there anyway to resolve that issue? I don't really know why I still got this. Another thing is I have notice that when I add content to power CMS I can not edit what I have added with dreamweaver.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Originally Said By: Atse
  Thanks, I have tried to upload all files, the message I got from dreamweaver is all files been uploaded successfully but when I go live to check the admin page I got the same problem. Do you think that I need to get in touch with my hosting service provider or is there anyway to resolve that issue? I don't really know why I still got this. Another thing is I have notice that when I add content to power CMS I can not edit what I have added with dreamweaver.  

Atse

my Skype is serge sanle

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see private message.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...