close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Additional e-mail to fulfillment center after checkout

Thread began 3/28/2013 1:49 pm by joerg431091 | Last modified 4/03/2013 9:12 am by Jason Byrnes | 2070 views | 10 replies |

joerg431091

Additional e-mail to fulfillment center after checkout

Hello all,

I am trying to create an additional e-mail that is send to our fulfillment center during checkout.

This e-mail should have basically some of the same information included (item code, product title, quantity ordered, etc) as the regular order confirmation e-mail and in addition, it should also have the Method of shipping included:

Here is where I am at:

I did create the additional e-mail message that is send out during checkout but have the following 2 problems that I can not figure out:

1.) I can not figure out how to bind information such as Item Code, product title and quantity into the e-mail. (All address information work fine but as soon as I try to include any product information, it does not work).

2.) I need to also have the shipping method included in this e-mail so that the fulfillment center knows what method to use for this particular Order. I have created shipping rules in e-cart that work fine and display in the cart as long as there is a charge for shipping but do not display once the shipping is free (value 0.00). Any ideas how I can display the shipping method in the card, invoice and order confirmation even if the shipping is free?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Joerg

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the eCart display manager to the email body, in the display manager, select to use the email friendly design, on the 3rd step of the display manager settings, seet the shipping to show individually.

joerg431091

Thanks Jason,

I added the ecart display manager to the e-mail body and now get the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetContent() on a non-object in /[path]/webassist/email/templates/[email body].php on line 6

I was looking in the forum for this error and found that this might happen if the database connection and the eCart object would be the same name but I could not find anything.

Here are the first 10 lines of the confirm.php page:

<?php
//WA eCart Include
require_once("../../WA_eCart/eCart1_PHP.php");
?>
<?php require_once('../../Connections/conEcommerce.php'); ?>
<?php
$eCart1->GetContent();
?>
<?php
require_once("../../WA_eCart/Adv_CO_Scripts/AuthNet_PHP.php");
?>

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help.

Joerg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when creating an email that uses the eCart display manager, don't select the option to create a file to manage the email contents, you will need to uncheck that option, then use the DW Edit button to design the email body.

joerg431091

I got this working now but how do I get the e-cart added to the Binding panel so I can add items such as shipping charges, etc. into the email body? Do I have to create a new eCart object in the e-mail body for this?

I tried to manually bind by simply adding for example <?php echo WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($eCart1, $eCart1->GetShipping()); ?> to the email body which obviously does not work.

Thanks so much for your patience and help in this regards.

Joerg

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the eCart object to the page that you are adding the Universal email behavior to.

open the server behaviors panel, click the plus button and select eCart -> eCart Object.

joerg431091

I did that. It is already in there since it is the confirm.php page.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

joerg431091

Great. Thanks Jason.

I have responded to the ticked with my info. If someone could get back with a possible time to skype so I can plan, that would be great.

thanks again and best regards,

Joerg

joerg431091

Hi Jason,

Updating the e-cart to 5.0.7 and the Data Bridge to 1.1.3 did work and the e-mail now displays perfectly with all product information.

I just have one of my initial problems left that I hope you can point me in the correct direction:

The e-mail has to display the shipping Method to be used for the particular order and I have currently 2 possible shipping methods in the store:

Orders below $100.00 ship USPS First Class Mail
Orders above $100.00 ship FedEx Ground

I included rules in the e-cart object for shipping as follows:

The system calculates a flat fee of $5.95 and will use USPS First Class mail if:

SubTotal of Items >0 AND SubTotal of Items <= 100

The system calculates free shipping (0.00) and will use FedEx Ground if:

SubTotal of Items >0 AND SubTotal of Items >= 100

The email displays the shipping method perfectly as long as there is a charge for shipping. Meaning that the method displays for the USPS rate for example since there is a value of $5.95. The method does not display for FedEx Ground since the charge is $0.00. If I change the charge with FedEx to $0.01 for example it is also displayed.

Is there any way to have the shipping method display in the e-mail regardless whether it is free or not?

Thanks so much and best regards,

Joerg

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...