close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Need Help!

Thread began 3/25/2013 4:05 pm by kcowan1266862 | Last modified 3/26/2013 6:59 am by Jason Byrnes | 513 views | 1 replies |

kcowan1266862

Need Help!

I purchased the Super Suite package a little more than a week ago and am having some difficulties getting started. Maybe I am somewhat overwhelmed with all of the extensions, or maybe its because I am close to being blind and am having trouble following the “Getting Started” documentation; there seems to be a lot of little things that have not been updated as the extensions have evolved (like WebAssist having its own Menu item in DW instead of being in the Insert menu like the documentation says). I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to point me in the right direction. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to master these extensions (where should I start; should I focus on one extension and then move to another; if so, what order should I take them in)? I used the CSS Sculpter extension to build this page (www.kaetech.net) and would like to use it to create an entire site. Then I would like to use the CMS extension to create a CMS so my client can manage his own content. Any suggestions?
I know this is a very general question, but I would really like to change my approach to mastering these extensions; I believe that they will save me a lot of time and be invaluable as it relates to creating “visually appealing” sites (not an easy task for someone with vision as low as mine).

Kent

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

DW instead of being in the Insert menu like the documentation says)  

From this statement, it looks like you are using the getting started guides that are on the individual extension pages, these are the getting started guides for the older versions, from before they where integrated into Design Extender and Data Bridge. You should be using the getting started guides that are on the Design Extender and Data Bridge pages instead.

The older documentation is still relevant, the functions of the extensions have not changed, only the access points.

There really is no one best way to master the super suite extensions except to work with them. Nor is there an order to use them in, it really depends on the project you are doing.

I used the CSS Sculpter extension to build this page (www.kaetech.net) and would like to use it to create an entire site. Then I would like to use the CMS extension to create a CMS so my client can manage his own content. Any suggestions?  

You can use Site Sculptor to create an entire CMS Site from your page design.

Save the design As a template, and then you can create a Site Sculptor Site Preset from the template.

In Site Sculptor, you can select to use the new preset you created, and enable the site to use CMS.

The design Extender getting started guide goes through the steps for creating a template for a CSS Sculptor page, and then using it to create a design preset:
design-extender_gsg.php

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...