close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Populating the Email Log Database

Thread began 3/25/2013 11:47 am by robcorrick409194 | Last modified 4/09/2013 9:52 am by robcorrick409194 | 2220 views | 11 replies |

robcorrick409194

Populating the Email Log Database

I have created a new database on Godaddy and new database connection in Dreamweaver, as set forth in the instructions. I select the "Create the Log Table for Me" in the Response Pulldown in the "Create Email Message: Email Log Bindings" dialogue box. After updloading, it seems to be loading to my testing server not to Godaddy, so I do not get my database populated with tables. This seems to be a default by Webassist, but not sure. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

are you testing locally?

When testing locally it will connect to your local mysql server.

to connect to the GoDaddy data base, you need to edit the database connection file with the details for connecting to the godaddy mysql server, then upload the files to your host and test the files on your host.

robcorrick409194

Populating the Email Log: Permissions Error

Thanks Jason for your previous post. I should have known to change the connections file, which I have now done. Thank you again for this fix.

I now receive the following error message in the "Create Email Message: Email Log Bindings" Dialogue Box:

"The current database connection does not permit creating tables. In order for Universal Email to create the email_log table for you, you will need to modify the MYSQL security settings for the current user or update your database to use a different user."

I went into my server database and successfully created a test table myself using phpmyAdmin on Godaddy. In addition, previously, I had no problem with the Webassist software setting up the tables in the databases for DataBridge and PowerMessenger, which seem to use the same permissions.

I am using three database connection files (with separate host, username, passwords specified): one for the DataBridge users database, one for the PowerMessenger user database, and one for the Email Log database. To populate the Email Log database, I reference the Email Log connections file in the "Connection" pulldown of the Dialogue Box, which appears to successfully connects to my hosting server.

So what I am missing here? Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the error message is pretty strait forward, the user in the connection does not have the privileges needed to create a table.

you can create the table manually buy running the following SQL:

CREATE TABLE `email_log` (
`EmailID` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`EmailTo` varchar(250) DEFAULT NULL,
`EmailFrom` varchar(250) DEFAULT NULL,
`EmailSubject` varchar(250) DEFAULT NULL,
`EmailBody` text,
`EmailHeader` text,
`EmailError` text,
`EmailStatus` varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL,
`EmailDate` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
PRIMARY KEY (`EmailID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=8 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

robcorrick409194

Email Log

Thank you Jason for your previous post where you proved the code to manually populate the email log database table. This works very well. Is there any reporting functionality for the email log available through Webassist or must I create my own report page, recordsets, bindings, etc.?

Great product.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

A reporting page is not created, it only stores the info in the log table.

You would need to create the reporting page manually.

robcorrick409194

Universal Email JS error

Jason, Thanks to your help in your previous posts. Email logging is now working great. All of my emails are being saved now and a have a reporting page by UserID.

Java Script Error: I pass the current UserID in the Universal Email form to the email log record. In some cases, however, I receive the following error message: "While executing applyServerBehavior in CreateEmailMessageWA.htm, a JavaScript error occurred." This occurs when I am trying to bind the UserID from the email form to the email log database (where I have created a new field of UserID). Any suggestions to solve this problem? Where is the file CreateEmailMessageWA.htm? Thanks again.

robcorrick409194

Eliminate Universal Email Body Formatting

Is there any way to delete the formatting in the body of the Universal Email log? Examples of formatting that I would like to delete are: "--WAMULTIBREAKWA Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit". I though that I saw this topic in this forum, but I cannot find it now. Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i think this is the thread you are referring to?
showthread.php?t=21754

The new versions uses a global variable instead of a session, so the code will be slightly different but the same concept.

robcorrick409194

Deteting Email Log Format Success

Thanks for the code Jason. The new code works perfectly even though a $GLOBAL variable was not used.

I do not have my answer to the JS problem with the CreateEmail server behavior, but I will open this in a new thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...