close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Create my own personalized portfolio

Thread began 3/25/2013 11:16 am by Jonas | Last modified 3/28/2013 11:21 am by Jason Byrnes | 1599 views | 7 replies |

Jonas

Create my own personalized portfolio

I'm looking to create my own personal portfolio website.
But I am not sure how I will do.

Any product that I want to show-has multiple images, much like a gallery.

I was going to create a dynamic navigation based on categorys where the submenu shows the products. Doing this is no problem.

I was thinking to do four tables: Category, Customer, Product and Images.

Each product displays a number of smaller images. When the user selects one of these, it will appear as a larger image in a different area on the same page.

My first question is if I'm thinking right about the tables' contents.

Categories
id
Name

Customer
id
Name

Product
id
Name
idCategory
idCustomer

Images
id
Name
idProduct

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, the tables look correct for creating the type of one to many relationship for the images that you describe.

Jonas

Good! The next question then becomes, how much can I do using Data Assist and how much need I have to hand-coding? It would be great if there was an automatic function, such as a preset to Data Assist to do this. I imagine that it is not just me who wishes to make a dynamic personal portfolio.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you can use the data assist wizard to create the pages to manage each table.

there isnt a preset, but you can select the table when running the wizard.

Jonas

I am grateful for your help Jason! But I am a beginner, and would need a little more help here. Is there some simple steps to accomplish this? I have an idea, but do not know how I will do this either theoretically or practically. The actual database creation feels like it simple in this context.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Start by visiting the Data Bridge Getting started guide on the Data Bridge support page to become familiar with using the Data Assist Wizard.

After becoming familiar with the Data Assist wizard, if there is something specific you need help with let us know.

Jonas

I'd like to follow your tutorial "Integrating Data Bridge and Ecart". But for some reason, I have written over the presets referenced in this tutorial. Can I download them somewhere?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, those presets are a part of data bridge.

try deleting the resets, uninstalling Data Bridge, then re installing it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...