close ad
Install the LAtest Updates to Work with CC 2017 and CC 2018
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Show Region Question

Thread began 3/23/2013 9:08 pm by Kamen Nikolov | Last modified 3/29/2013 5:37 pm by Kamen Nikolov | 2025 views | 34 replies |

Kamen Nikolov

Show Region Question

Hi,

My page product page (products_results.php and products_details.php) are working fine. I just want to add an additional feature to the products. A drop down menu with Product Sizes. The problem is a have mix products like clothing and products which are clothing products. So for one I need the dropdown with Sizes and for the other one I don't have to show it.

What should I do and how should I handle this challenge in order to have this feature on the page and in order to transfer the info through the checkout? Can Show Region handle this?

Thank you very much.

Sign in to reply to this post

CraigRBeta Tester

you would need to add the column to your cart object to store the size, it would just be empty for the products which don't have it.

you could do some conditional logic on your cart page to show this information only if it is present

on your product detail page, you could wrap the select list for the size options in a show region if recordset is not empty behavior.

Kamen Nikolov

Hi,

I am adding this under Columns and I am leaving the ProductSize in the DB empty as 0 or nothing?

CraigRBeta Tester

in the database, in which table are you asking about ?

I don't know how your database is structured

If some of your products have different sizes, you should have a table to store the product size for each product, linked to the products table

Kamen Nikolov

Hi,

I have a table with all my size called "productsize" and I have the drop-down menu pulling the info from it. In the main "products" table I have I have another table called "ProductSize" which is empty ed the moment.

mrs

I suggest that you watch this video by webassist:

watch?v=6JBfwp-4B1Y&list=PL1F359A82D04D2329&index=2

it is for a paypal cart, but it shows you a way to deal with options such as sizes, or it could be colours or what ever you need options to be. Wrap the options with the Data Assist show region behaviour from the server behaviours panel... show if options <> 0. If you have no options available, then it will hide everything related to those options.

An example of it in use is here:

store.php

Scroll down the list to see it used in different ways, but it is driven by the same DB column.

I have hidden the add to cart button because the prices have yet to be sorted out, so I don't want people trying to be smug and buy for nothing if you were wondering.

Kamen Nikolov

Thank you for this info. I appreciated.

I don't see Data Assist show region behaviour from the server behaviors panel. Any ideas?

CraigRBeta Tester

The server behaviors panel is part of dreamweaver.

Make sure you are looking at 'server behaviors' and not 'behaviors'

Press Ctrl+F9 to view the server behaviors panel if it is not already visible, then click the + button, show region is about the fourth item on the list

Kamen Nikolov

I was looking for Data Assist show region behavior - there isn't one. Am I picking When RecordSet is empty or Not Empty? I am not sure what to do with <> 0 because none of them offer this option. So it will hide everything and how and where to specify where to show it and when not to.

CraigRBeta Tester

The recordset for your select list should only contain records when the relevant product id has been selected.

You can then add a 'show if recordset is not empty' server behavior around your select

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...