close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Removing PayPal

Thread began 3/22/2013 4:55 am by ericmartin336257 | Last modified 3/27/2013 7:47 am by Jason Byrnes | 646 views | 3 replies |

ericmartin336257

Removing PayPal

I have eCart5.

About two years ago a client (www.donnellymuseum.com) asked for a site with PayPal. No problem. Wizard worked nicely. Now sales have dropped and they want to manually process with orders coming from email.

I went through this Forum posts and found a common theme to fix this.
- Go through the Wizard and check the PayPal option, then go in remove the PayPal button and then remove the checkout server behaviour.

However
- I believe (but can’t remember) I did choose the PayPal option from the Wizard way back when, because that is what they have been using for the past couple of years without issue. I can’t tell if they have Express, Pro or whatever .. I can check if it matters.
- BUT .. there is no PayPal button
- AND .. I can’t see a checkout server behaviour for PayPal.

I searched the site for PayPal and the only place I see it in WA_eCart_Definition_PHP.php in the eCart folder.

Can you help point me in a direction that could help?

I do have DataBridge so if it is Universal Email I can go that route.

Help?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you have the site up to use paypal standard as the gateway. If you look at the form on the confirm page, the action of the form is to post to the paypal server, this means PayPal standard

On the confirm page, Do you see server behaviors for Storing the cart Summary and Cart Details in the database?

If not, you will need to add those to the confirm page, and also add universal email to send the order information in an email, then change the action of the form on the confirm page to point to itself.

I see in your order history that you have eCart 5, it may be easier to just delete the existing checkout pages, and re run the wizard, in the checkout wizard, you can select the No gateway option.

ericmartin336257

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  I see in your order history that you have eCart 5, it may be easier to just delete the existing checkout pages, and re run the wizard, in the checkout wizard, you can select the No gateway option.  

Thanks Jason. I went that route. I am missing (I think) a subtle step here. I added Universal email. Works just fine. But the email coming to me only shows the header information (name, address) and I can't see how to attach the order details to the email.

Any chance you could point me in the right direction to add them?

Thank you

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When running the wizard with the no gateway option, it should prompt you to set up the email receipt in the wizard, the email receipt created by the wizard should include the cart details.

if you add UE manually, you will need to edit the email body and add the eCart Display Manager to it, in the eCart display manager, select to use the email friendly layout.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...