close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Building Form. Keep getting and error and Dreamweaver crashes

Thread began 3/20/2013 2:41 pm by frank375703 | Last modified 9/09/2013 1:40 pm by Jason Byrnes | 6652 views | 51 replies |

frank375703

Building Form. Keep getting and error and Dreamweaver crashes

I am building a form to place in a website and I have done it in 2 parts. First I created the form and edited all the fields. then I hit "finish". the form exists in my webpage. Then i went back in to edit the design. I went through all the options and then hit "finish" and get an error. the error reads:

"While executing onMouseDown in WAFB_AddForm.htm, the following Javascript error(s) occurred:

At line 4179 of file "Belial:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS6:en_US:Configuration:Shared:WebAssist:Services:fb_shared_functions.js":DWfile.getAttributes(orig) has no properties

Then Dreamweaver crashes and I lose all my formatting. I have redone this a few times, wasted a lot of time and energy and am getting no where. My client is breathing down my throat and I don't understand why this is happening. Earlier this week i created a test version and did the whole process and got my form results and felt pretty confident that when I had to make the actual form for my client it was go very easily.

I researched your forum and the only advice I saw was to go to Window > Work Space Layout > Reset (showthread.php?t=29781). I then had to reactive Data Bridge and then I get the same results. What am I doing wrong? I bought these extensions to make my life easier and have this go quickly, yet here I am stalled and frustrated.

as you can see from this link, the form is in my page but default formatting is applied. appointments.php

Please help.

Sign in to reply to this post

frank375703

here is line 4179 if (DWfile.getAttributes(orig).indexOf("D") >= 0) {

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

here is an updated copy of the Configuration:Shared:WebAssist:Services: fb_shared_functions.js file that should correct the error

frank375703

Hi Jason, I didnt see any attached file with your post. where do i download it?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

My Applogies, it should be attached to my reply now.

Attached Files
fb_shared_functions.zip

frank375703

Thank you! One more question. Where do I put the file? When I search my iMac, there isnt any file path like that.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see this tutorial for details on locating the users configuration folder:
http://www.webassist.com/community/tutorials/view_tutorial.php?tid=95

the file goes in Configuration:Shared:WebAssist:Services: fb_shared_functions.js

frank375703

On new mac mini, again having issues

i getting this error message

"While executing onChange in WAFB_AddForm.htm, the following Javascript error(s) occurred:

At line 4179 of file "Belial:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS6:en_US:Configuration:Shared:WebAssist:Services:fb_shared_functions.js":DWfile.getAttributes(orig) has no properties".

Additionally i cant see a preview of my form and im getting a message that says

"Error generating preview: TypeError: DWfile.getAttributes(orig) has no properties"

I have already reset my layout, deleted the macdata file and restarted dreamweaver.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

have you installed the updated the fb_shared_functions.zip file from message 5?

frank375703

yes. did that too. and now when i try and update the form, it eliminates all web contents except for the form itself.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...