close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Help with SA - Administrator Rule

Thread began 3/18/2013 4:01 pm by iainmacdonald331081 | Last modified 3/19/2013 11:16 am by iainmacdonald331081 | 1421 views | 6 replies |

iainmacdonald331081

Help with SA - Administrator Rule

I'm just trying to set up an administrator rule, separate to a basic logged in rule.

I'm following the tutorial here:

03_define_access.swf

And have added the UserLevel session to my login page, but when it comes to creating the rule (about halfway through the step through above), I can't see the UserLevel Session to base the rule on in the Access Rules Manager.

I've attached a copy of my login page, and a screenshot of the Access Rules Manager when I try to add the Administrator rule.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You will need to create the User_Level session binding manually.

open the bindings panel, click the plus button and select Session Variable, set the name to "User_Level"

iainmacdonald331081

Nothing seems to happen when I do that. (I've tried adding it with the login page open, and a page the Administrator rule would apply to, in DW5 and 6.)

Should the code just be:

<?php
session_start();
$_SESSION['User_Level'];
?>

Does that just need to go on the login page, or every page that will reference it for the Administrator rule?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, that adds the binding for the User Level session variable so that it can be used when creating the rule.

create the dynamic binding, then create the rule in the security assist wizard to use the UserLevel session variable.

iainmacdonald331081

Do I need a particular page open when I'm doing that?

I've tried with the login page, and a page I would use the rule for.

Each time when I click Bindings > Add > Session Variable and enter User_Level, nothing seems to happen.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you don't need a specific file open, just one from your site.

could be a corrupted _notes folder in your site.

using your OS file manager, browse to the site files on your system and delete the _notes folder.

iainmacdonald331081

Thanks Jason - deleting that notes folder fixed that, so it all looks good now.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...