Not showing all records from database
Here is the sample page:
The map isn't showing all the locations, which are listed below the map. Is there some limitation on number of locations that can be displayed?
you have some addresses that are badly formated for the google geo coder to lookup.
a few of the addresses use ranges for the street address, for example:
15 - 21 Arctic Parkway, Ewing Township, New Jersey, 08638
In most cases the google geocoder will fail on looking up addresses that use a range like this.
soem Addresses use an intersection:
Route 70 & Cooper Avenue, Marlton, New Jersey, 08053
this can also cause the geocoder to fail
others include additional info in parenthesis:
421 W. Butler Pike (Route 202), Chalfont, Pennsylvania, 18914
the geocode does not recognize this.
It's not that there is a limit to the number of addresses that can be returned, but the addresses fed to the geocoder need to be properly formatted in order for the location to be mapped.
Jason, thanks for the quick reply.
I noticed some questionable addresses, but that doesn't seem to account for all the missing locations. I count ~15 pins and there are ~40 locations.
Will the geocoder stop attempting to place locations after X number of failed attempts?
Yes, the geocoder will stop responding if it receives a number of bad requests in a row.
Thanks again for the help. I'll get my client to work on cleaning up the addresses.
I've checked on some of the addresses you listed and I'm confused. Take the following page:
This map is generated using your extension and this address, an address you said was a problem:
Route 70 & Cooper Avenue
Marlton, New Jersey 08053
This address also shows up on the testing page I created:
Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.
These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now. Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.