close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Hiding validation messages

Thread began 3/06/2013 11:52 am by iainmacdonald331081 | Last modified 3/06/2013 6:49 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1415 views | 5 replies |

iainmacdonald331081

Hiding validation messages

Its a while since I've used Security Assist, so bear with me...

I've created the pages OK, and am OK with the page access rules etc.

So its probably a 101 thing - I have a login page here:

login/

But all the validation error messages are displaying by default, which I assume they are not meant to.

The only thing I wondered was if I needed to add spry validation around the messages, but it all looks present and correct.

I'm sure this will be something simple I'm not seeing, and have attached the file.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Make sure the SpryAssets folder is uploaded to the server.

iainmacdonald331081

Sorry - I thought they had, but the Spry Assets folder (locally and on the server) only contained:

SpryMenuBar.js
SpryMenuBarRight.gif
SpryMenuBarHover.gif
SpryMenuBarVertical.css

I've copied themacross from another site, and uploaded them.

Not sure what happened there - should they have been created by Security Assist?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, the spry assets folder does not get created by security assist, it gets created by dreamweaver. Spry is a dreamweaver framework, security assist just makes use of the spry validation.

iainmacdonald331081

Thanks Jason - just checking, as SA creates the necessary code in the login page, e.g.:

if (ValidatedField('login','login')) {
if ((strpos((",".ValidatedField("login","login").","), "," . "3" . ",") !== false || "3" == "") || (strpos((",".ValidatedField("login","login").","), "," . "4" . ",") !== false || "4" == "")) {
if (!(false)) {
?>
<span class="serverInvalidState" id="Log_In_group_Password_ServerError">Please enter a value.</span>
<?php //WAFV_Conditional login.php login(3,4:)
}
}

It doesn't really matter if I have instances of the spry files kicking around elsewhere, but if I didn't what would the workflow be?

ie I run Security Assist > Create Security Pages, and the login.php etc pages are created, with the code above.

So if I wouldn't be selecting the field and using Insert > Spry > Validation in DW (as that part is being done by SA), what would I be expected to do?

Just curious, as its little things like this that always seem to catch me out.

:)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you could create a blank page in your site, and add a pry text field to it to have the spry assets created.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...