close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

current state

Thread began 8/11/2009 7:49 pm by segalmedia367166 | Last modified 8/14/2009 11:33 am by Eric Mittman | 2004 views | 3 replies |

segalmedia367166

current state

I am trying to set my navigation to have a current state. What is wrong with my approach? Please see the link below:

index.html

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

It looks like you are missing a needed extension of the current class, you should add this in your your menu.css:

ul#cssmw10 > li > a.current {
background-image: url("../cssmw11_images/paw_f2.jpg");
background-repeat: no-repeat;
border-bottom: dotted 1px #9EA3AA;
color: #430f04;
text-decoration: none;
}

segalmedia367166

new page, current problem, size of item, addl css and jss

thanks for the css rule. Please go to this new link:
index.html

1. I rebuilt both nav bars to see if the problem was with something that i did. I believe that i now have the class of current. i don't see it working, nor do i understand how it could. i understand how it would if i assigned the body and id and included the body id in the class of current or if i set a parameter and added a conditional expression to each link.
2. how do control the fact that my about button the hor nav runs into the graphic in the bkgnd? how can i have each button a different size controlled by the text inside (padding - margin)? Can i delete the pixel width for the item and control it another way?
3. each time i go back into "edit" theme of any menu for this site, i get another css and js file. these files have incorrect paths to them (missing the ../). i have been deleting them from the source code. could my problem be the way i have my site set up right now? for now, i have a folder called "newSite" where i am saving all my new pages. my templates are up a level in my site root. could this force menu writer to add new css and js files?
thanks

UPDATE:

Please go to the following link:
aboutUs.html

My side nav seems to be working as expected as far as the current page function goes. Please note that my horizontal nav is not. Can you please give me some advice what I need to do to fix the problem. I see and the css rule controlling the current page, but am unsure how it "knows" what page is current. Also, I wanted my horizontal nav buttons to have different widths based on the text so I removed the pixed width and used padding. Will this create any problems with browsers? I am understanding how menu writer works. I am still experiencing the additional js and css each time I edit the theme. I am removing it each time.
thanks so much,
Lisa

Eric Mittman

I have opened a new ticket for you on this issue. Please login to WebAssist.com and visit your support history to update the ticket. I have requested some of your files and some info about the setup. I will need to do some testing with your files to help determine what is going on.

When I checked your site the current selector for the first link seemed to be working correctly but not for the others in the horizontal nav. I'm also unsure why you are getting the extra files, I will try and get to the bottom of this for you.

I looked at the nav in Firefox and IE7 and 8 and did not see a problem with the paddings you are using.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...