close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Submit form data to the cart

Thread began 3/01/2013 7:32 am by elewis93815 | Last modified 3/01/2013 8:42 am by Jason Byrnes | 1554 views | 3 replies |

elewis93815

Submit form data to the cart

Hello,

We have a client that has a personalized product that will require certain data to submit with the cart e.g. A piece of artwork that is personalized based upon the data in the form. How would I accomplish this? Here is the link that we are working on: wian.php

Thank you,

Jackie

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

For each field (First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, etc...), you need to add a column to the eCart object.

then in the add to cart button, set those columns to be up-dateable from a text box. This will create the text boxes on the page for the add to cart button and add the text entered in those fields to the corresponding cart column.

elewis93815

Thanks Jason!
Is there a way to combine all of this data (first name, middle name, last name, and paper selection) into one column (possibly the Description column) or have the columns hidden unless this item is being purchased? My reason for asking is I believe that the order display page will be quite wide with the additional data, causing data to roll over??? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You could combine the columns into one using the calculations tab.
Crate a new calculation, set they type to Text, then concatenate the columns together:

[FirstName] . ' ' . [MiddleName] . ' ' . [LastName] etc

you can then add the binding for this calculation to one of the existing cart display columns like the products name column.

elewis93815

Hi Again Jason,

I added the columns for just "WIAN" and "Paper" which I think is all that is relevant at this point. I also set these two new columns as text boxes which works great, however, when the item is added to the cart, the paper field shows the price and the WIAN field shows a "0". I'm sure I did something incorrect but I am unsure what???? I've attached the files, any help is appreciated.

Christopher WestCommunity Expert

Hi Jackie, Have you checked out WebAssist tutorial on ecart product options that may give you more of an idea on what you want to accomplish?

product_options.php

With the ecommerce website I coded I got help with setting up product options in a different way using a combination of adding a column to the ecart object as well as storing all the product options in a single session array using delimiters to separate the content you wish to store and passing that onto the ecart object single column (rather then setting up many columns).

then to access this later (to show on a confirm page or order page etc you would explode the content of the session array: here is a reference if you want to learn more about that:
function.explode.php
function.implode.php

Chris

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Jackie, the code in the page looks correct, i will have to debug this directly on the server.

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...