close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

UserGroupID value in Registration.php defaults to 0

Thread began 2/28/2013 11:48 am by ori382079 | Last modified 3/01/2013 11:20 am by ori382079 | 7410 views | 10 replies |

ori382079

I created my security pages and used the UserGroupID column as the username (SU_ID) to login because this value will be generated by the client and be allocated to the users who will then use it to register their membership.

I redefined the properties of this field in webassist, but whatever value entered into it, it shows '0' in the database table. Also I have amended the column type in the database table created by webassist 'pcms2_users ' to Varchar but still shows 0.

Please what have I done wrong. See the code in registration php

<div class="lineGroup">
<label for="Registration_group_SU_ID" class="sublabel" > SU ID:<span class="requiredIndicator">&nbsp;*</span></label>
<div class="errorGroup"> <span id="Registration_group_SU_ID_Spry"> <span>
<input id="Registration_group_SU_ID" name="Registration_group_SU_ID" type="text" value="<?php echo((isset($_GET["invalid"])?ValidatedField("registration","Registration_group_SU_ID"):"")); ?>" class="formTextfield_Large" tabindex="1" onBlur="hideServerError('Registration_group_SU_ID_ServerError');">
<?php
if (ValidatedField('registration','registration')) {
if ((strpos((",".ValidatedField("registration","registration").","), "," . "1" . ",") !== false || "1" == "") || (strpos((",".ValidatedField("registration","registration").","), "," . "2" . ",") !== false || "2" == "")) {
if (!(false)) {
?>
<span class="serverInvalidState" id="Registration_group_SU_ID_ServerError">Please enter a value.</span>
<?php //WAFV_Conditional registration.php registration(1,2:)
}
}
}?>
<span class="textfieldRequiredMsg">Please enter a value.</span> </span> </span> </div>
</div>

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the registration page so i can see the code.

ori382079

Please see attached as requested. Thanks

Attached Files
registration.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This page does not include a registration form or the insert record behavior?

please send a copy of the security assist registration page.

NOTE: Don't convert the page to a text file, compress the original php file to a zip archive and send the zip file.

ori382079

Please see attached zip as requested

Attached Files
registration.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the file you attached does not include the registration form.

i need to see the registration page that includes the registration form, the page that was created by the security assist wizard.

ori382079

Hi Jason, this is the registration page created by security assist wizard, I had to amend the labels which explains why it may not look the security assist page. Do you want me to send the accompany pages (login, logout, userupdate and forgotpassword ) ?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, the page your are sending has no form code in it at all, it is not the security assist registration page.

There is no security assist code at all in the page you are attaching.

ori382079

Hi Jason, Sorry you are perfectly right. The security assist registration page is in my includes folder and had been sending you the wrong page . Here's the registration page..I hope!

Attached Files
registration.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the Insert record behavior, the data type being used for the UserGroupID column is an integer.

Edit the insert record server behavior to change the data type for the UserGroupID column to text so that it will allow you to insert a text value.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...