close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Help getting Data to show up

Thread began 2/12/2013 11:34 am by sjones435326 | Last modified 2/13/2013 4:48 pm by sjones435326 | 645 views | 4 replies |

sjones435326

Help getting Data to show up

Hello, I’m incorporating some DataAssist pages into a few Spry tabbed panels. I can not get the data to show up for the “Notes” tab. I am able to see the database results if I use the vendor_notes_Results.php file, so I know that the data is there. However, I have taken some of the code and put it into a tabbed panel on the vendors_Detail.php file and I can not get the data to show up. I’m hoping it is just an oversight but I can’t locate where I went wrong. Can you please look at this code and see if there is something out of the ordinary?

I have included two files in a zip folder.

The file I’m working with and I want to be the end result is vendors_Detail.php the other file I am including is vendor_notes_Results.php

vendors_Detail.php – tabbed content = Lines #336 - #427 and the query is on lines #106 - #112

The other file vendor_notes_Results.php works fine and that is where I got the code to use in the other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files
HelpNeeded.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

change the query for the WADAvendor_notes recordset to:

SELECT note_id, vendor_id, date, user_name, note_text FROM vendor_notes WHERE vendor_id = Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors ORDER BY note_id ASC

then create a new rarameter as:
Name: Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors
Data Type: Integer
default Value: -1
Run Time value: $_GET['vendor_id']

sjones435326

Hi Jason, Regarding the file - vendors_Detail.php

I’m just a little confused? If I change the query to this

SELECT note_id, vendor_id, date, user_name, note_text FROM vendor_notes WHERE vendor_id = Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors ORDER BY note_id ASC

I think that is exactly what I have (Except the $ before Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors)
Is that correct?

And on line #88 it has this code

$Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors = "-1";
if (isset($_GET['vendor_id'])) {
$Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors = $_GET['vendor_id'];
}

wouldn’t that set the variable for the query?

I’m sorry I’m just a little confused, and you have always helped get to the bottom of the few issues I have had. Could you explain it in just a little more detail so I can grasp what your recommendation is?

I’m not clear on the parameter and how to set it. I’m using dreamweaver CS4.

Sorry to be a pain Jason, Thank you for your help!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I think that is exactly what I have (Except the $ before Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors)
Is that correct?  

yes, that is correct.

And on line #88 it has this code

$Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors = "-1";
if (isset($_GET['vendor_id'])) {
$Paramvendor_id_WADAvendors = $_GET['vendor_id'];
}

wouldn’t that set the variable for the query?  

yes, that creates _a_ parameter, but it is the parameter for the vender query. you need to create a new one for the vender notes query rather than try to reuse the other one. the problem is that you are copying and pasting code rather than using the DW Recordset dialog to create the query.

in the recordset dialog, go to advanced view to create the paramater.

sjones435326

Hello Jason, I just went ahead and created a new recordset and pulled the values from there. I guess I should not have tried to copy and paste the code from vendor_notes_Results.php it just made it a little more confusing. Sorry for the frustration.

Do you know of any threads or articles about setting up parameters in the advanced recordset mode? I need to increase my skill level in that department.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...