close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Shipping rule change produce JavaScript errors

Thread began 1/30/2013 4:25 pm by robvoigt9434728 | Last modified 2/06/2013 12:33 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1504 views | 11 replies |

robvoigt9434728

Shipping rule change produce JavaScript errors

I need to remove my current shipping rule and add back in US and International shipping. I am following the Thread "Recomended Approach for Domestic vs. Internations Shipping" which appears to be how I need to set up the triggers.

However I am getting the error shown on the attached file when delete the current shipping rules and attempt to create new rules.

How can we fix this so I can create the new rules? I have not seen this type of error which references a javascript file Library:Application Support folder.

Any ideas?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have seen that error happen if the shipping rule gets duplicated in the eCart object file.

send a copy of the eCart object file from the WA_eCart folder so i can take a look at it please.

robvoigt9434728

Thanks for taking a look.That is probably it because a while back when I set up the shipping rules something got screwed up and I had to put 4 rules at $1.50 a piece to get my $6 dollar shipping! Let me know if you have an idea to correct this. At the end of the day I want to remove these shipping four shipping rules and add US and International back in.

Attached Files
eCart1_PHP.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

change line 88 - 93:

php:
//Shipping

$this->Shipping[] = new WA_eCart_Rule(urldecode("Shipping%20&%20Handling%20per%20item"), true, "WAEC_eCart1_ShippingHandlingperitem");
  $this->Shipping[] = new WA_eCart_Rule(urldecode("Shipping%20&%20Handling%20per%20item"), true, "WAEC_eCart1_ShippingHandlingperitem");
  $this->Shipping[] = new WA_eCart_Rule(urldecode("US%20Shipping"), true, "WAEC_eCart1_USShipping");

to:

php:
//Shipping

$this->Shipping[] = new WA_eCart_Rule(urldecode("US%20Shipping"), true, "WAEC_eCart1_USShipping");

robvoigt9434728

When I replace lines 88 - 93 with the new code, I lose all the Order Summary fields in the cart. Is that the only fix? Or does it make more sense to re-run the checkout wizard at this point?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

changing those lines in the cart should not effect the order summary in the cart display page at all.

robvoigt9434728

Jason I was able to get both a US and Intl shipping rules established using the methods you wrote in a previous thread.

Can you tell me how to set the Cart page to not show the shipping charges because we will not know the Shipping Country until after the user indicated the shipping country on the Checkout page?

ALso it appears I am getting the International shipping rate regardless if the user choose US. I have two snap shots of my shipping rules attached for your reference. Thank you for your help.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

provide a link please

robvoigt9434728

www.speedjumpers.com

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not able to reproduce.

if I add an item to the cart, it does not show shipping.

If i select the shipping country to be US, the shipping is applied at $6.00

Modify and select another country and the shipping applied is $25.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...