close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Unstable Images PS 4.5.3

Thread began 1/30/2013 7:03 am by babyboobaly00431119 | Last modified 2/12/2013 9:12 am by Jason Byrnes | 1878 views | 5 replies |

babyboobaly00431119

Unstable Images PS 4.5.3

www.wooddragonarts.com

Yesterday and today i have been uploading all my images to the store manager gallery images. All has been working normally. i am now ready to start stocking the web pages with my products. i have so far done a few cards and a few limited edition prints. The image for the product is uploading into the back room directory, but are NOT uploading onto the webpage.

The reel/gallery views on the prints have uploaded successfully for the prints but they haven't for the cards. ( I uploaded the prints into my gallery yesterday and cards were done today) Where the image is meant to be I am instead just getting an empty box with a red square.

I have stocked my website a number of times in the past and am doing everything as i would normally do, which has always worked fine. (Just to say text is working normally.) i have noticed the gallery seems a bit unstable as well, as a couple of times i have been back to check things, half the images and reels have gone and just empty boxes with red crosses in their place and then when i check again they have come back. The same is happening for the image/stock directories too.

we have checked with our hosting provider (host papa) who said their servers are all working fine, so i don't know what the problem could be. please would you help.

here are the links for some of the the pages that are having this problem..

products_detail.php?ProductID=3

products_detail.php?ProductID=6

products_detail.php?ProductID=4

Thank you

Chris Clark

www.wooddragonarts.com

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

babyboobaly00431119

Re: the ongoing unstable image thread

Hi Jason
[2/8/2013 12:44:08 PM] Chris Clark: I removed the powerstore files from the home woodd246 directory and left the powerstore files in the public_html directory. That is where all the images etc. were.
[2/8/2013 12:44:19 PM] Chris Clark: the link index.php
[2/8/2013 12:47:45 PM] Chris Clark: takes us to the website all fine and dandy but when i ENTER JUST www.wooddragonarts.com as a customer would do, all the images are gone still.
[2/8/2013 12:48:34 PM] Chris Clark: please help me cos im going mental here and feel like opening up my wrists :(

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is that you where using the admin from:
PowerStore%20Files/admin/

to manage the images for the products and galleries.

you need to use the admin at the root of the site to recreate the product images and galleries

babyboobaly00431119

JASON...OMG I think we've finally cracked it

JASON...OMG I think we've finally cracked it!!!!

Many Many thanks for being so patient with this complete NEWBIE.

Cheers mate

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

glad to hear it is working.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...