close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Question for Power CMS

Thread began 1/19/2013 8:13 am by julesN | Last modified 1/21/2013 9:19 am by julesN | 659 views | 2 replies |

julesN

Security Question for Power CMS

I have a client who wonders about the security of their site with the installation of a cms. I don't use Wordpress, Drupal or any other CMS like that as I don't like the idea that they keep having to download security updates. I also don't like the limitations with designing them. Or how long it takes to design a template with them.

Is there much to worry about with hacking with using Power CMS? It doesn't LOOK like there are security issues, and the folks at webassist don't ever send emails saying it needs to be updated for security reasons.

So what can I tell my client? Please and thank you!

PS. I just downloaded Design Extender, so I now have the up to date version of Power CMS. If this even matters at all.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

There are no known security issues with Power CMS. If any security issues where to be discovered, we would correct the issue as quickly as possible and send emails to warn those who have purchased Power CMS of the problem and instructions to fix it.

julesN

Thank you Jason!

Oh, and just to let you know... Power CMS was a bit "quirky" with DW CS6. I couldn't add a simple database. The problem has been completely solved with using the Power CMS with the Design Extender package!

Perfect!
Happy Customer! :)

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...