close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

cURL

Thread began 1/16/2013 3:41 am by robp295024 | Last modified 4/18/2013 2:31 pm by sybil_thewriter317416 | 7992 views | 25 replies |

robp295024

cURL

cURL is not installed. Contact your hosting provider to have cURL installed.
The preceeding is displayed in the PowerCMS diagnostic check when attempting to start the relevant page.

I have enabled the DLL in the various INI files, but the check cross continues to display (and I not only restart the services each time, I reboot.)

I am testing on a WIN7 pro desktop with WAMP installed (as the XAMP stack linked in the tutorial pages puts hacks in IE and tries to force you to enter your mobile phone number before it will install.

Do I need a "Real" remote site configured?

I have the site definition set to both "Test" and Remote" on desktop at the moment?
Given the flakey nature of the XAMP stack - was very reluctant to put viruses/trojans on the hosting site...

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have not run into the problem with XAMPP that you are talking about and have installed many a time without any need for entering a mobile phone number.

are you downloading from apache friends?
xampp.html

that is the official XAMPP site.

for the cURL issue, create a new blank PHP file with the following code in it:

php:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

this will show information about the PHP Server, one of the settings it will show is the location for the loaded php.ini file.

make note of the loaded php.ini file location, and enable the cURL dll in that file.

if you continue to have a problem, make note of the extensions directory, and make sure the cURL dll is in that directory.

robp295024

cURL

I have no idea who "Apache friends" et al may be.

As clearly indicated, I used the link from the Web Assist page directing me to that site.

As often occurs in forums, people tell me what they have and ignore completely the scenario described in the post... Do you need screen shots??? Of course I have all day to try and troubleshoot the simplistic "tutorials" that claim to enable ease of use.

As also stated, am using another stack, so I have the MyPHPadmin app loaded and working.

When accessing the "PHP Extensions" info tab, it also says the cURL dll is loaded.

So returning to another question: Does the fact the test and remote servers are both on the workstation, affect the tests run by powerCMS.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Well, i have never run into the issue with XAMPP that you describe, I just checked the tutorial for installing XAMPP and it does direct you to the Apache friends Site, but i have never had the installer try to force me to enter a mobile phone number.

did you try creating the php page as i described with the phpinfo() code on it?

this is they way to find the active php.ini file and make sure that you are editing the correct one.

the cURL test is run on the server that you access for the install. are you accessing localhost to run the install or another website address? how about this: What is the address in the address bar when you see the error that cURL is disabled?

The test will try to load a cURL connection to the webassist servers, if it cannot connect to the webassist servers, it will return the cURL error message

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

heres another test to run, create a test page an add this code to it:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
$c curl_init();
curl_setopt($cCURLOPT_URL"https://www.webassist.com/");
curl_setopt($cCURLOPT_TIMEOUT90);
curl_setopt($cCURLOPT_POST1);
curl_setopt($cCURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER0);
curl_setopt($cCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER1);
curl_setopt($cCURLOPT_POSTFIELDS"");
$result curl_exec($c);

if(!
curl_errno($c)){

$info curl_getinfo($c);
  echo 
'Took ' $info['total_time'] . ' seconds to send a request to ' $info['url'];
} else {
  echo 
'Curl error: ' curl_error($c);

?>

does it give an error that the cURL Extension is not installed? Does it return a successful conection to the webassist servers? if not, then something in your server configuration is blocking the connection from being made.

robp295024

cURL

Rather than re-invent the wheel, have removed the WAMP stack and installed the XAMP stack as per your instructions.
(why create more php pages when phpinfo does it all - supposedly - for you?)

The control panel says Apache and MySQL are running.

I created a password (as Win 7 has an issue with internal file security when there is no password to a userid - just covering all the bases)

This works as when I hit the admin box in the XAMP control panel and the phpmyadmin/info screen loads it asks for id/password first - which is accepted and the app loads.

I can import the "free" database (I selected "digital downloads".

Am now further behind as I can no longer create a db connection from dreamweaver, following the site definition process (correct if you believe the dreamweaver "ticks" that appear when you follow the 4 steps in the database connections tab) and reported separately as a "404 Error".

I have followed strictly, each step in the tutorials.

NOTE: I am running all this on the desktop I use for dev; it is a 64bit Win 7 pro PC.

Does XAMP have a problem with 64 bit code?

As it says it is a 32 bit version ?

Have read so many PHP/MySQL pages of doco am going cross eyed...

Also, when looking at the "STATUS" tab in the admin panel, the Advisor never completes (circle image keeps revolving) and the monitor page says the "server is not running"?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

why create more php pages when phpinfo does it all - supposedly - for you?  

phpinfo does not do anything for you, it only returns information about the server to the screen, information that you can use to trouble shoot problems on the server, or to find the location of the php.ini file that is being used when the server loads.

and reported separately as a "404 Error"  

Is this error reported when testing the database connection?

If so, it means there is a problem in the site definition.

XAMPP Will have a different local root folder than MAMP did, usually it is c:\xampp\htdocs

make sure the local root in the Site definition settings is using the correct location, also in the testing server settings, make sure you are pointing to the correct location, and that you have the correct address entered for the URL Prefix.

Does XAMP have a problem with 64 bit code?

As it says it is a 32 bit version ?  

XAMPP runs fine in a 64 bit environment. Windows 7 64 Bit will still run 32 bit code, the 64 bit OS is backwards compatible.

sybil_thewriter317416

Windows 7 - 64 bit, c:\WAMP\WWW

I get this error in the PowerCMS Installation Wizard: cURL
cURL is not installed. Contact your hosting provider to have cURL installed.

the php.ini file says
; Windows Extensions
; Note that ODBC support is built in, so no dll is needed for it.
; Note that many DLL files are located in the extensions/ (PHP 4) ext/ (PHP 5)
; extension folders as well as the separate PECL DLL download (PHP 5).
; Be sure to appropriately set the extension_dir directive.
;
;extension=php_bz2.dll
;extension=php_curl.dll

I can't view my website in http://localhost

WAMPManager.config says:
[main]
language = english
status = "online"
wampserverVersion = 2.2
wampserverLastKnown = 2.2
installDir = "c:/wamp"
navigator = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe"
defaultLanguage = english

What can I do to deal with the PowerCMS Installation Wizard that says cURL is not installed? It appears it IS installed.

Thanks Jason.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you have to uncomment the curl extension in the php.ini.

change:
;extension=php_curl.dll

to:
extension=php_curl.dll

sybil_thewriter317416

I am also getting the following error when I attempt to view a file within Dreamweaver (from the WA site creator contact.php page)

( ! ) SCREAM: Error suppression ignored for
( ! ) Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='plugins/function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php' (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in C:\wamp\www\TMPyasa1p.php on line 1

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...