close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Need to customise rego form

Thread began 3/23/2009 10:16 pm by gwh362692 | Last modified 3/27/2009 5:42 pm by gwh362692 | 6678 views | 14 replies |

gwh362692

Need to customise rego form

Hi everyone,

I’ve just purchased the Registration Solution Pack. I need to alter it though in the following ways:

1) I need to add a Title drop down menu above “firstname”
2) I need to change the “City” field to “Suburb" and the “Zip” to “Postcode”.
3) I also need to remove the “Country” option.

I’ve previously purchased the Super Suite but I’m not sure which of the extensions to use in order to modify the rego form.

Also, I wanted to have the state’s menu populated dynamically from a table in MySQL – is there a way to do this?

Finally, I noticed that when I tested the rego form on my local server, the CAPTCHA image wasn’t showing – is there a reason for this?

Would really appreciate any advice to get the above issues solved.

Thanks for any help offered.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

1) You can add that in DW after the page is generated
2) Just change the label after it is created, that shouldn't be difficult... don't bother to change the form element names, that would add unnecessary complication.
3) Instead of removing it... make the input type="text" into type="hidden" and set its value to the country you want to use. You can move the hidden form element to a different row and delete the row so it will appear as if it is completely removed.

Captcha requires the GD library enabled on your php server... that is most likely the problem when viewing locally. You should be able to enable GD2 in your php.ini very easily... read more about the GD library at www.php.net.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

gwh362692

Thanks for the reply,

Regarding adding a Title drop down menu - I know how to add it in DW but what about the server side code? How do I add that?

Also your solutions regarding 2) and 3) seem to be a workaround. I assumed that having purchased the Super Suite that I would be able to make these kinds of revisions using the interface in the extensions. Isn't there a cleaner way to go?

I also asked about wanting to have the state’s menu populated dynamically from a table in MySQL – can you tell me if there is a way to do this? Is it better to create the registration system using the extensions in the Super Suite to create this dynamic effect? If yes, can you tell me which extensions are needed to reproduce what is found in the Registration Solution Pack?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

To get the list values from a mySQL table.

1) Create the table
2) Create a recordset
3) Use the "Dynamic" button in the list to set the values from the recordset

Our extensions are Dreamweaver add ons. They help you where DW doesn't have a solution, but depend on DW to do what it does well at the same time. If something is easy to do in DW then we probably haven't reinvented the wheel in our product.

These tools help you build things in Dreamweaver, they don't replace Dreamweaver or allow you to stop using it for what it already does well.

gwh362692

Okay so I've been given the instructions on how to populate the list from a MySQL table. Where do I get the php code to insert the value into the users table? I mean the rest of the form populates the users table - how do I populate the title column?

Should I be submitting a support ticket for this type of indepth help request? I seem to be only getting half of the answers.

I asked the question about the Title drop down menu and the server side code. What do I do about solving that issue?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can update the server behavior on the page if you own DataAssist. Just double click on it to update the database insert server behavior.

gwh362692

Okay I get that - thanks.

Since I'd be populating the States dropdown menu dynamically, I'd need to remove the current states code. Is there an easy way to do that?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The same interface that allows you to populate the list will allow you to remove values.

gwh362692

And the interface is part of DW right? Not a webassist interface?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is correct... the dynamic button in the properties inspector.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...