close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

SecurityAssist Form Validation

Thread began 1/14/2013 6:22 am by davegw | Last modified 1/15/2013 12:11 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1564 views | 7 replies |

davegw

SecurityAssist Form Validation

Not sure if you are aware of this:

When one creates SecurityAssist pages from the wizard, the Form validations & Field settings dialog is not assigning the correct validation setting for UserEmail & UserFirstName. They have been swapped around:

UserEmail has no validation, but Unique box is checked
UserFirstName validation: required with type: emailaddress ; min chars 6 ; max chars 500

Cheers
Dave

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure that you are using Data Bridge 1.1.2, if you have a previous version installed, make sure to uninstall it from the extension manager before installing the newer version

davegw

Hi Jason - definitely using Data Bridge v1.1.2 after uninstalling previous version last week.
Exact same problem on my other machine.

Have you tried it out?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, i have tried it out and cannot reproduce the problem. in the pages that are being created i can see the correct validation settings being applied.

can you provide more details on the settings that you are using please, and a copy of the pages.

davegw

I've attached an image containing 3 screenshots:

1. Database & design settings
2. Field & validation settings with UserEmail selected
3. Field & validation settings with UserFirstName selected

If I choose the correct settings for UserFirstName, move onto another field, then back again to select the UserFirstName field, it reverts back to the incorrect 'email address' validation settings.

I've tried on 2 different computers with different site definitions, same problem.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

so it s a problem that you see in the interface? not in the code that is generated? I thought you where referring to the generated code?

davegw

Jason - it's a problem with the wizard interface AND the client & server validation code that is generated.

If the Form Validation & Field Settings dialog is NOT accessed, then the code generated is correct.

As soon as one accesses this dialog, UserEmail form field loses the 'email address' validation in the Spry & the WA SVs.

Here are the relevant code snippets generated without accessing the Form Validation & Field Settings dialog:

$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateEM((isset($_POST["Registration_group_Email"])?$_POST["Registration_group_Email"]:"") . "",true,1); $WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateUnique(("connTesting"),$connTesting,$database_connTesting,"users","UserID","none,none,NULL","".((isset($_SESSION["SecurityAssist_UserID"]))?$_SESSION["SecurityAssist_UserID"]:"0") ."","UserEmail","',none,''","".((isset($_POST["Registration_group_Email"]))?$_POST["Registration_group_Email"]:"") ."",true,2);

Then the Spry script:

var Registration_group_Email_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Registration_group_Email_Spry", "email", { minChars:6, maxChars:500 , validateOn:["blur"]});
var Registration_group_Password_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationPassword("Registration_group_Password_Spry", { minAlphaChars:3, maxAlphaChars:500, minNumbers:2, maxNumbers:500, minSpecialChars:0, maxSpecialChars:0, minChars:6, maxChars:500, isRequired:true , validateOn:["blur"]});
var Registration_group_Confirm_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationConfirm("Registration_group_Confirm_Spry", "Registration_group_Password",{validateOn:["blur"]});
var Registration_group_First_Name_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Registration_group_First_Name_Spry", "none", { minChars:1, maxChars:50, isRequired:true , validateOn:["blur"]});
var Registration_group_Last_Name_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Registration_group_Last_Name_Spry", "none", { minChars:1, maxChars:50, isRequired:true , validateOn:["blur"]});

Here is the incorrect code after the Form Validation & Field Settings dialog has been accessed:

$WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateRQ((isset($_POST["Registration_group_Email"])?$_POST["Registration_group_Email"]:"") . "",true,1); $WAFV_Errors .= WAValidateUnique(("connTesting"),$connTesting,$database_connTesting,"users","UserID","none,none,NULL","".((isset($_SESSION["SecurityAssist_UserID"]))?$_SESSION["SecurityAssist_UserID"]:"0") ."","UserEmail","',none,''","".((isset($_POST["Registration_group_Email"]))?$_POST["Registration_group_Email"]:"") ."",true,2);

then the Spry:

var Registration_group_Email_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Registration_group_Email_Spry", "none",{validateOn:["blur"]});
var Registration_group_Password_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationPassword("Registration_group_Password_Spry", { minChars:6, maxChars:500, isRequired:true , validateOn:["blur"]});
var Registration_group_Confirm_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationConfirm("Registration_group_Confirm_Spry", "Registration_group_Password",{validateOn:["blur"]});
var Registration_group_First_Name_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Registration_group_First_Name_Spry", "none", { minChars:6, maxChars:500, isRequired:true , validateOn:["blur"]});
var Registration_group_Last_Name_Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Registration_group_Last_Name_Spry", "none", { minChars:1, maxChars:50, isRequired:true , validateOn:["blur"]});

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If the Form Validation & Field Settings dialog is NOT accessed, then the code generated is correct.  

theres the key that was missing. I had not been making any validation changes in my tests. I wasn't aware making changes was necessary to reproduce the problem. I will log this in our bug base to have the problem corrected.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...