close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Local DataAssist Pages Not Loading in OS X 10.8

Thread began 1/06/2013 10:12 am by RichardS | Last modified 7/30/2013 1:50 pm by info279018 | 3710 views | 7 replies |

RichardS

Local DataAssist Pages Not Loading in OS X 10.8

Okay, this is odd. I have some pages I created a while ago using eCart and DataAssist 2.x that work fine off our host (CentOS shared hosting environment, PHP 5.2). However, it seems that since upgrading to Mountain Lion the pages won't load locally. No MySQL errors, but if I remove the include for WA_AppBuilder_PHP.php the page will load fine.

More details: I've moved development from Dreamweaver to Coda and uninstalled Dreamweaver. Thinking that was the problem I reinstalled Dreamweaver, deleted the MacFile cache per Webassist instructions. The pages still will not load locally. Also, local PHP version is 5.3.

Any ideas on what would be wrong are greatly appreciated.

Richard

EDIT: Just did a simple test where I commented out the include for library.php and everything loaded. Not sure what in that file is failing, but it looks to be the culprit.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

do the pages show as a blank screen?

a blank page means that a php error is occurring but error reporting is turned off.

to turn error reporting on, add the following code at line 1:

php:
<?php
error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

once we know what the error is, we will be able to troubleshoot the cause.

RichardS

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the reply. I pasted the error reporting lines into my main page and into library.php, this is what came up:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): MySQL server has gone away in /Users/richard/Sites/svn/EmmaStine.com/Connections/connEmmaStine.php on line 10
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Users/richard/Sites/svn/EmmaStine.com/WA_DataAssist/library.php on line 13

Any idea what would be causing this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the Connections/connEmmaStine.php file, line 10 creates the connection to the database using mysql_pconnect()

try changing:
mysql_pconnect(...

to:
mysql_connect(....

RichardS

adverro MOGONY

Thanks for the help. Another question, will this cause any issues on our live server?

RichardS

Still didn't fix the issue, now I'm just getting this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /Users/richard/Sites/svn/EmmaStine.com/WA_DataAssist/library.php on line 11

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

info279018

I finally had a chance to look at this issue on my local OS X 10.8 machine. With the update to 10.8 Apple changed how Apache is setup, and line 11 in library.php of Data Assist sets the directory name using PHP_SELF. Well, if you don't have everything setup in your user.conf file located in /etc/apache2/users then this file just hangs. I seem to have added the config info necessary to have everything running correctly. Why nothing else broke I have no idea.

FYI-You have to add a <VirtualHost *.80> entry for localhost

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...