close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Forgot Password

Thread began 12/12/2012 9:39 am by CaptainPug | Last modified 12/12/2012 10:02 am by Jason Byrnes | 538 views | 1 replies |

CaptainPug

Forgot Password

Hi,

I have a strange problem with 'forgot password'. It will not send emails unless in the 'from' field in email settings it is the email we registered Databridge with.

Is this just a coincidence or something WebAssist have done?

I have tried various combinations putting in SMTP server settings etc. in the email object tab settings (we host with Donhost in the UK). None of these send out emails, but if I leave all the settings blank and tick 'include additional parameters' AND use our webassist registered email it then will send out emails. Any other address or domain and no emails arrive.

I have created the forgot password and registration pages with Security Assist. The password is encrypted, but it appears to make no difference whether they are encrypted or not. The only way I receive emails is if I use this registered email.

Any help appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Is this just a coincidence or something WebAssist have done?  

No, this is not something we have done, it would be a coincidence. Most SMTP servers will not relay an email if the FROM Address is not a valid address for your domain. that is most likely what you are seeing.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...