close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Security Assist creates errors on previously working pages

Thread began 11/27/2012 1:53 am by mrs | Last modified 11/30/2012 6:45 am by Jason Byrnes | 2270 views | 8 replies |

mrs

Security Assist creates errors on previously working pages

I have tried this several times now, and each time I have, Security Assist destroys the code of all pages that were previously working. All I am doing is opening the Access Rules Manager and applying an existing rule to a new page that I have just created. When I click OK, the wizard takes over and opens and makes changes to ALL existing pages and consequently delivers bad code leaving me with this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare WA_AuthenticateUser() (previously declared in /Users/username/Sites/website/webassist/security_assist/helper_php.php:28) in /Users/username/Sites/website/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 46

This is from a page that was working prior to running the SA wizard.

Why does it insist on running changes on all pages when I have only amended one? The pages that were working are from PowerCMS and have the security rules from that wizard applied to them, the new pages I have created are from Design Extender.

As in my post from yesterday, I have tried copying and pasting the original SA code, but this gives me a too many redirects error and stops the page from working entirely! No spaces or blank lines this time though ;)

What's going on here? Every new page that I create can't have a detrimental effect on pages that existed prior to the single install extensions otherwise I will be having errors on dozens of sites should I have to add new pages to them!

Luckily again, I have duplicated my entire site folder, so I can just delete the now broken pages and go back to the before SA state, but I need to get a solution for this.

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is an issue using PowerCMS on security assist pages, see this post for details on fixing the problem:
showpost.php?p=73433&postcount=2

mrs

OK, I see.

So to maintain some form of continuity across all pages rather than a mish mash of different coding approaches, can I run the Access Pages Manager and remove the previous version security assist settings, and then re-run the Access Pages Manager to apply the current version of security assist?

Will that work, or will that create conflicts?

OR... can I just delete the old security assist code from each page and apply the new Design Extender / Data Bridge version of Access Pages Manager? Will that work too without creating one hell of a mess in the CMS?

One final question... I used a preset of 'Pacifica' in the old Power CMS Builder which doesn't exist in the new Design Extender version... so how can I get the Pacifica design into the current version? Is it possible?

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

just commenting the line i suggested would be the best approach instead of trying to go through and redo the access restriction.

mrs

I seem to be creating more problems each time I use the new extensions on a site that has been created with the previous version of PowerCMS combined with Data Assist.

On pages that I have added into my old CMS created by the previous Data Assist are now experiencing problems when I click to enter the changes. The redirect URL is breaking and giving me the following 404 error in the address bar:

bgimage_Detail.php?id=48

When the address should be:

bgimage_Detail.php?id=48

This is the code for the redirect:

$WA_redirectURL = "bgimage_Detail.php?id=".((isset($_POST["WADAUpdateRecordID"]))?$_POST["WADAUpdateRecordID"]:"") ."";
if (function_exists("rel2abs")) $WA_redirectURL = $WA_redirectURL?rel2abs($WA_redirectURL,dirname(__FILE__)):"";

Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try commenting this line:

if (function_exists("rel2abs")) $WA_redirectURL = $WA_redirectURL?rel2abs($WA_redirectURL,dirname(__ FILE__)):"";

change it to:

//if (function_exists("rel2abs")) $WA_redirectURL = $WA_redirectURL?rel2abs($WA_redirectURL,dirname(__ FILE__)):"";

mrs

Sorry Jason, I am still struggling with getting this to work for me.

If I comment in the WA_CMS/WA_CMS.php file:
//require_once( "../WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php" );

it seems to make no difference to errors I am getting which are:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function WA_Auth_RulePasses() in /Users/username/Sites/website/admin_cms/results.php on line 478

and line 478 on this page is referring to this show region:

<?php if(WA_Auth_RulePasses("Super Administrator")){ // Begin Show Region ?>
<a href="manage_users.php">Manage Users</a> |
<?php } // End Show Region ?>

What I am contending with is I have used PowerCMS builder before it was integrated into the Design Extender, I have also used the pre 'Data Bridge' Data assist to create pages based on the admin.dwt where the content is added inside the template. I am now adding new pages to the admin section via the admin CMS which work fine, but I am also using the current version of Data Assist (from Data Bridge) which are template-less. These pages work OK as basic pages, but as soon as I add the template, I get the above error.

All I seem to be doing is going around in circles fixing one thing only to find another is broken!

mrs

Right, I have managed to work around a majority of the problems that I have, but one of them comes from the change in the way the extension for Data Assist works now in comparison to how it used to before it was bundled into Data Bridge.

The PowerCMS Builder creates a template and the previous version of Data Assist required a template in which to add the content it produced. The template from PowerCMS has a number of php requires and other php code above the head tag. When I apply the template to the page, this code is deleted and replaced by the php code created by the template-less Data Assist page... this is where a number of my issues came from! Security Assist I have side stepped and simply entered the code by hand on each page that needs protecting, and now they work fine.

HOWEVER!!!!!...........

I am still getting this 404 not found URL error from pages that I have used Data Assist to Insert new or update pages even when I have commented out:

//if (function_exists("rel2abs")) $WA_redirectURL = $WA_redirectURL?rel2abs($WA_redirectURL,dirname(__ FILE__)):"";

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...