close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

free shipping setup

Thread began 11/19/2012 1:12 pm by sam308940 | Last modified 11/19/2012 1:59 pm by sam308940 | 1171 views | 4 replies |

sam308940

free shipping setup

Hi

i need to setup free shipping as an option with certain coupon codes.
i currently have 5 "ground method" shipping rules

currently for free shipping to apply, i have 5 discount rules that are based on same logic to determine the shipping, just with the additional rule IF COUPONCODE="FREESHIP".

what i would like to do is make it ONE shipping rule.
logic being IF SHIPMETHOD=1 (thats ground) and COUPONDCODE="FREESHIP" then the discount=shipping.

i experimented witht his but could not get it to work. in the cart script the discount runs before the shipping.

any ideas or guidance on how to set this up easily when i have lots of coupons that could lead to free shipping?

thanks
sam

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

free shipping should not be done as a discount.

add a condition to the shipping rule to trigger only if the session COUPONDCODE is not equal to FREESHIP

sam308940

thats a good idea, i have thought of it too, but that would be a bit cumbersome.

i have 5 ground shipping rules, so i would have to do all 5 every time i add or subtract a coupon code allowing free shipping.

also, my client could have at any given time 2 - 50 codes with free shipping. (she is a bit discount code happy).

any other ideas for this?

thanks
sam

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if you doing dynamic coupon codes from a database, add a freeShipping column, set it to 1 for coupons that should give free shipping and 0 for coupons that don't.

set a freeShipping session variable to use the value from the recordset.

in the shipping rules, set a trigger to make sure the freeShipping session is not equal to 1.

sam308940

hehe no its not a database. that would be the smart way to go, i have told the client so many times. when i first built the site i had no idea she would be so crazy with coupon codes. Now she would rather just pay for the 10 min here and there to set them up one at a time, rather than pay to setup the database.

anyways thank you. i see that my ideas are the right way because you're telling me all the ways i have thought of this myself. I just thought there might be something easier that someone else could point out.

Thanks
sam

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...