close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

user profile

Thread began 10/25/2012 7:34 pm by Magega49 | Last modified 10/27/2012 8:06 pm by Magega49 | 1303 views | 6 replies |

Magega49

user profile

Hello,

Can you please help me to set up a user acct with a profile page that will post upload into their profiles and saved history also...

I need the unsecured page to let user have their own profiles after they login. I will be posting update in each user profiles..

all user need to have an individual profile that allows me to post updates us individuals.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Use the Security Assist wizard to create the user login, registration and profile pages.

if you have Security Assist 2 or data Bridge, the security assist wizard is under WebAssist -> Security Assist -> Create Security Pages

Magega49

data assist

That's not what I'm trying to do, I want to let user create their own profile page like Facebook that you have your own pages...

After they created this profile I want to created a colum for me to make updates and only users that I allowed can see updates....

I will be posting update on user's profiles but all users have different updates I want to update on each user individual...

For example if I have 5 user on my website user number one will get from me updates that only user number one can see..

Please help me...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would probably want to have a second table that you use to store these comments.

use a relational column to relate the comments to the user:

comments:
commentID - Primary Key
commentUserID - relates to the users.UserID column
comment text

then use data assist to create pages to mange the comments. In Data Assist, you can set the commentUserID column to be a Menu, and set it to dynamically use the Users table, use the Username for the label, and the UserID for the value.

this will allow you to select the appropriate user from a select list when adding the comments.

when a user logs in, their iD is stored in a session variable.

on the page where you show the comments, you can use a recordset that filters the commentUserID column on the session created by the login.

Magega49

Re: data assist

Great, I will give a try. Thank you...

I have one more question...

If I used secured pages and I want to do free tryial to user, can I set a user-name or a password to expire within a giving day...

For example,

If I give to a user a username to login for just 30 days, can I set it to cancel the username after the 30days expire?

thanks,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to have a column in the user table for account type, lets say for example we name it regType and that we use 1 as the value for a trial account and 2 for the value of a regular account.

you would also need a column for registration date, set the data type for the regDate column to timestamp and the default value of the regDate column to "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" this will store the current date in that column when a user registers

On the login page, edit the authenticate user behavior, on the Sessions tab, set the regDate and regType columns to store in session variables.

you can then create an authenticate user rule as:

Allow If
Value: click the lightning bolt icon and select the regType session variable
Criteria: =
Compare to: 2

Restrict IF
value:

php:
<?php echo (date("Y-m-d")); ?>

Criteria: >
Compare to:

php:
<?php echo (date("Y-m-d"mktime(000date("m"strtotime($_SESSION['regDate'])),date("d"strtotime($_SESSION['regDate'])) + 30,date("Y"strtotime($_SESSION['regDate']))))); ?>

This rule will allow access if the account type is 2 (we use that for the regular user account). if the account type is 1 (a trial account), it will restrict access if the regDate session + 30 days is greater than the current date.

Magega49

Re: Free trial

Waooo, thank you so, much

Now I have a lot home work to get done...

Thanks, again

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...