close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

USPS Account Set Up

Thread began 3/23/2009 11:59 am by bigmike3d | Last modified 1/10/2010 10:03 pm by wkiraly232160 | 4932 views | 3 replies |

bigmike3d

USPS Account Set Up

I've setup the USPS account with a username and password. The instructions say that the shipping module is supposed to ask for the username and password, but it only asks for the username. Then when I try to complete the checkout process, it gives the error " UspsCom::DoAuth - Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect."

Should I add the password parameter to the VBScript? What is the best way to handle this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I don't think it should be necessary unless they recently added that requirement. You may need to contact USPS customer support with that question. They may have updated their system and it might require activating you to work with the old system.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bigmike3d

USPS Info

You were correct, the link you guys give to the USPS website is a little vague, what I suggest is to use this address webtools/ . This address takes you directly to the part of the site where you set up the correct username to use the API that is provided in your software . On the main USPS site, you can set up a username/password as a business to ship with as well and is a little confusing. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, we're all good now.

wkiraly232160

Can this be explained better?

I'm pretty sure I have the same problem as Big Mike. I know that when I tried to follow Web Assist's link, I first signed up for on wrong account type and then got another account type just like BigMikes with username and password (and similar to other posts on the bbs which were never properly answered here.)

Can you provide here a link and a description of the exact type of account we need to set up with USPS to interface with your software?

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...