close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Validating Data Assist Insert Multiple Records

Thread began 10/22/2012 5:14 am by Rune Brynestad | Last modified 8/06/2013 11:14 am by Ray Borduin | 2168 views | 10 replies |

Rune Brynestad

Validating Data Assist Insert Multiple Records

Is it possible to validate an Insert Multiple Records ?

I have a page with 2 multiple records inserts. I need to validate that at least one record is inserted for each multimpe record insert.

I'm attaching my page.

Live URL here:
Utleie_basic_insert.php

The 2 multiple records inserts are near the bottom of the page. ("Eiendomsdeler" and "Kontaktpersoner")

Regards
Rune

Attached Files
Utleie_basic_insert.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, this is not possible to validate since the checkboxes are dynamically named. If no checkboxes are checked, the multiple insert wont trigger.

Rune Brynestad

Hi Jason

I'm not refering to the Manage Relational table Checkboxes. I'm asking about the Multiple record inserts :-)

Above the checkboxes there are 2 Multiple record inserts sections, "Eiendomsdeler" and "Kontaktpersoner"

Regards
Rune

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

same limitation. the multiple insert elements are dynamically named so cannot be validated.

Rune Brynestad

Although the multiple insert elements are dynamically named, their names are kown. The first one is Fieldname_0, the second is Fieldname_1 and so on. So I believe it must be possible in some way to validate that Fieldname_0 must be required using javascript, but the client side validation tool that was a part of Validation Toolkit and CSS Form Builder is not a part of Data Bridge as far as I can see.

Regards
Rune

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the limitation is that the names are not known at design time when you add validation to the page.

they are only known at run time.

While creating the page in dreamweaver, the names are not know though.

info4753

I have the same problem, that my customer wants to have multiple inserts and I need to validate the inserts. Is this not possible at all with your validation tool? Can this be done using a shopping cart and the insert into database server behaviour?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Using multiple inserts will not work with validation.

info4753

Are there any plans to support this in the near future and/or do you offer programming support for this?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

We could help implement this in a premiere support appointment:
http://www.webassist.com/premier_request.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...