close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

More USPS issues

Thread began 8/06/2009 4:37 pm by avogel906385538 | Last modified 10/19/2009 11:16 am by Jason Byrnes | 6013 views | 12 replies |

avogel906385538

More USPS issues

$WAGLOBAL_USPS_Server = "http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll"; // change this to the live server when you go live
$WAGLOBAL_USPS_ShipType = "PRIORITY"; //Enter the appropriate value for domestic shipping, based on the USPS Shipping key at the bottom of this page.
$WAGLOBAL_USPS_IntShipType = "Economy (Surface) Parcel Post"; //Enter the appropriate value for shipping to international customers, based on the USPS Shipping key at the bottom of this page.

When I place a domestic order, USPS seems to spit out the international rate, i.e. shipping is listed at checkout as 10.30 (the international rate) when it should be 4.95...do i have to change something in the $WAGlobals?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The Priority shipping type is a flat rate with USPS.

the shipping is calculated as a flat rate based on the origin and destination zip code. There are weight ranges that effect the shipping rate, for example 0 - 12 lbs is one rate, 13 -24 pounds is another rate.

You can use the following page to gauge what the shipping will be:
postcalc.usps.gov/

make sure to select Package and look at the Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box charge on the results page.

avogel906385538

different types of priority shipping

What if I'm not using Package: Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box?: All of my products are relatively small and I'm using Package: Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Box or Package: Priority Mail (with my own jiffy packaging). Please advise how to update settings?
Thanks, Alex

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The size of the box is set on the conform page, find the following:
It is originally set to:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageType"] = "Flat Rate Box";

you can change that to:
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageType"] = "Sm Flat Rate Box";

The valid options are:
Flat Rate Envelope,
Sm Flat Rate Box
Md Flat Rate Box
Lg Flat Rate Box

avogel906385538

new code isn't working

so far i've tried:

$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageType"] = "Sm Flat Rate Box BOX";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageType"] = "Sm Flat Rate Box";
$Shipping_PackageArray[$Shipping_PackageIndex]["PackageType"] = "Small Flat Rate Box";

every time usps spits out the $10.35 large flat rate box amount and not the $4.95 small flat rate box amount

avogel906385538

is this problem going to be addressed?

what am i suppose to do when i don't get a answer for some time? it seemed like problems were being responded to relatively quickly so what am i supposed to assume when a problem isn't responded to?

mick106153

I think they get to go home on weekends, unlike those of us filling the trenches.
It would be nice if they could mount a skeleton force.

Mick

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, we do take the weekends off. Our hours of support are 9am - 5pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT - 8). We are in the office Monday - Friday.

After making the change, are you filling out the checkout.php page again?

I will need to look into the issue with you. I have submitted a technical support ticket. Please respond to it by logging into your support history at the following URL:
supporthistory.php

avogel906385538

no tickets on support page

sorry that i wasn't keeping tabs on what your support hours were, i've been working non-stop every day and haven't really been keep track of what day of the week it is.

yes, every time that i make a change to the code, i'll exit the browser and then restart it, and go through the whole add product to cart, and checkout process again, and each time no matter what i do usps pulls up a price of $10.35.

i logged into my webassist account (email: avogel906@gmail.com) and i didn't see any support tickets, just the message:
This page lists all your support tickets logged under this account. Click on the ticket number to view additional details and to modify the ticket.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

sorry for the confusion, I have recreated the ticket, yuou should now be able to update it it by logging into your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...