close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Minimum order Quantities per product checked against Database

Thread began 10/15/2012 7:28 am by joerg431091 | Last modified 10/15/2012 1:49 pm by Jason Byrnes | 612 views | 1 replies |

joerg431091

Minimum order Quantities per product checked against Database

Hi All,

I am trying to have the "product_Results.php" page check a minimum quantity per product (probably against the database) before the item is added to the shopping cart.

We have our wholesale catalog online where all of our products are listed on the product_Result.php page. Our customers add the products they like to purchase directly from this product_Result.php (a detail page is not used).

We have minimum units / case packs so I would like the product_Results.php page check with the database what the minimum quantity and multiplier for each particular product is and display a message if the quantity entered does not match the requirements.

Example:

Product "A" has a case pack of 4 units - so the customer can order 4, 8, 12, 16, etc of this particular product. Product "B" might have a case pack of 2 units so the customer can order 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. of this particular product.

So I am thinking of having a field in the Database with the minimum units and multiplier that is checked by the product_Resuluts.php page before the product is added to the cart - and display a message if the minimum quantity/multiplier requirement is not met.

I hope above explanation of what I am trying to achieve makes sence. I unfortunately could not find anything pointing me in the right direction so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

AJ

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would need to do some hand coding to accomplish this.

you would need a recordset that would lookup the item being added to the cart

then use an if statement to compare the minimum quantity and the quantity being ordered to show an error message.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...