close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Map address bubble cut off at top

Thread began 10/03/2012 7:45 am by YellowCircleWeb | Last modified 11/19/2012 7:57 am by Jason Byrnes | 5758 views | 6 replies |

YellowCircleWeb

Map address bubble cut off at top

I've been trying to use the Pro Maps for Google tool to create a map for a client site, but whatever size I set the map at the address bubble is always cut off at the top - see this page as an example of what I mean:

google-map.php

Also, I've had no luck changing the width of the infoWindow, I've tried setting the maxWidth property and I've tried wrapping the windowText content in a separate div and using CSS to restrict the width. This simply restricts the width of the address text, rather than the width of the address bubble.

Any help is appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the webassist/google_javascript/wagmp_map_4.php file, find the following code:

if (isDefault) {
infowindow.open(map4,marker);
map4.setCenter(point);
}

and change it to:

if (isDefault) {
infowindow.open(map4,marker);
map4.setCenter(point);
setTimeout("google.maps.event.trigger(wagmp_map_4_obj.markers["+wagmp_map_4_obj.markers.length+"],'click')",1000);
}

the infoWindow object does not offer a lot of control like setting the width. to be able to control the infoWindow, it would need to be converted to use the google infoBox instead.

see the following for details:
examples.html

YellowCircleWeb

I'll give that a go Jason

Ian S

Ian,

Don't know if it helps but I have managed to get around this in the past by adjusting the centre of the map (i.e. bringing it down).

It uses a hybrid of PHP and Javascript but it does seem to work for me.

var center = new google.maps.LatLng(<?php echo $row_rsshop['shop_latitude']+0.0004; ?>, <?php echo $row_rsshop['shop_longitude']; ?>);
google.maps.event.trigger(map, "resize");
map.setCenter(center);

Cheers
Ian

YellowCircleWeb

Thanks for the tip Ian.

We'll try that out.

treehuggerjoe

its there a way to save forum post for future reference
for example let say I read a post that i find usefull and I would like to tag it or save in the webassist forum
thanks
Joe

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Create a bookmark to the thread in your browser.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...