close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Creating PHP Pages with Site sculpture

Thread began 10/01/2012 3:33 am by paul283230 | Last modified 2/01/2013 7:44 am by Jason Byrnes | 6023 views | 12 replies |

paul283230

Creating PHP Pages with Site sculpture

Could sombody help me with the following problem.

I am trying to create a new site with site sculpture I want the pages to be php the problem I have is that I don't want to use power cms i have created the local server and created a temp php page but site sculpture only creates html files unless you click on content management which I don't want to use.

Before the intergatation of the extentensions the last time i created a site I created a local server and set the settings to php and then created a php file then site sculpture would create a site to the site default but now it insists on creating html files.

Paul

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in your site definition, make sure to select the PHP MySQL Server Model, Site Sculptor will only create php pages if the sites server model is set to PHP MySQL

paul283230

Jason,

I know about the site definition, I have already selected the PHP MySQL Server Model

But it still creates HTML Files not php

All the settings were set up and a new temp.php file created before I ran Site scupture.

Paul

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What is your OS?

What Version of Dreamweaver are you using?

I just tested running the Site Sculptor wizard on Mac OS, DW CS5 and it created PHP Files for me, so i'm not sure why it wouldn't be creating PHP Files for you unless there is a OS, DW version difference. also, make sure you are using the most recent version of design Extender, version 1.1.1 which is available form the download center

paul283230

Jason

OS Windows 7
Dreamweaver Version CS6
Webassist:
Free Tools 1.0.1
Data Bridge 1.0.8
Design Extender 1.1.1
eCart 5.0.6

I have got round the problem at the moment by creating the site in Site Sculpture then renaming all the file extentions then doing a find and replace in the site code to change the .html to .php
Not ideal but it seems to be working.

In the site directory in Dreamweaver if I create a new file it creates a php file?

Paul

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Seams to be specific to CS6 and Windows 7, i have been able to reproduce the problem using that combination, but not on others.

i have logged this in a our bugbase so it can be corrected in a future update.

paul283230

Jason

Thank you makes a change from me doing something wrong

I will keep a look out for the update.

Wish list:
The wizard has an option for the developer to choose page types they require.
So it can be run on a new site before anything else.

Paul

bill3786

Site sculptor to create php pages

I'm creating a new site using Site sculptor and using a testing server on my local machine using xampp. I need to create php pages and have set up the site definition as follows.

server name: testing
connect using: Local/Network
Server folder: C:\xampp\htdocs\mysite
With url: mysite/
server model: php mysql
testing server tickbox checked

I've opened a new php page before starting site sculptor but it creates html pages.
I'm using windows 7, DW 5.5 and the site sculptor from design extender.

I can see the new php page correctly in DW live view.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have updated the bug report to include DW CS 5.5 as well as DW 6. this will be corrected in the next update for design extender.

Php

How to correct

If the pages are created how to covert each page to php if wizard doesn't convert it?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...