close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Unique Product Options per Item

Thread began 8/06/2009 10:15 am by kbarany382510 | Last modified 8/06/2009 2:59 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1141 views | 1 replies |

kbarany382510

Unique Product Options per Item

Ok, I am having a problem putting in my unique Product Options.

I have a test product. It has two colors: Red and Blue
Red needs size options of "Size1Red" and "Size2Red".
Blue needs size optoions of "Size1Blue" and "Size2Blue".

Note that the sizes for Red and the sizes for Blue are different, and are NOT available in the opposing colors.

When I add sizes and colors, the sizes are ALL available under both colors. I can see how I can go into the "Manage Options" spot and add or remove options from being able to be purchased, but this way seems like a huge waste of time. Those options will NEVER be possible for that color, so I should not have to put in all options for each color and then go through and remove them.

Interestingly, the colors I put in show up the way I want them in the 'Manage Options' page and all of the options show up on the 'Update Options' page, but they do not show up in the product itself (Right now, Red and the Size1Red/Size2Red show up, but not the blue options, in fact, Blue doesn't even show up as a color option for the customer viewable product).

I attached screenshots of my issue. The width x size limitations of the uploader made me have to shrink them. The one titled miniBase is a tiny version of the whole thing put together. The other two are the top and bottom halves of that same image, cut in half so that I can post them larger.

The Top half has a shot of my Update Product Page and the following Add/Edit Options Page. The Bottom half has the subsequent Manage Options Page.

Any help would be useful. I am trying to get it figured out so that I can put all of my product information into a database and upload it. I have already figured out how to do this, and it works great. I even figured out how to upload the images without having to do them individually per product in the Update Product Page. The only problem I have is that I do not want to duplicate a product that has 10 sizes of one color, 15 sizes of a another color, and 15 sizes of another color, but they are different sizes, forcing me to put in a total of 40 sizes per color even though I am only using a small portion of those sizes per color.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is a limitation to the product option lists. The option lists are not dependent, so you cannot define color that are dependent on the size that was chosen.
Th only way to workaround this would be to have one list that showed each Color - Size Option.

So you would have one list that showed:
Red - Small
Red - Larg
Blue - Med
Blue - Large

for example.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...