close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Adding Multiple Categories

Thread began 8/06/2009 9:14 am by kbarany382510 | Last modified 8/12/2009 2:08 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3518 views | 4 replies |

kbarany382510

Adding Multiple Categories

I am using PowerStore2.

Before purchasing the PowerStore2, I spoke with a customer support agent who told me that I could assign multiple categories to a product. I do not see how this can be done.
Example: Carhartt is a category, as is Wrangler. Both of these are Clothing items. I want the customer to be able to click on Clothing to get ALL clothing related items, but if they want to get specific, they can click on the Carhartt or Wrangler categories.

Examples of Menu Items:
Sporting Goods
- Water Sports
- Fishing
- Hunting
- Camping

Clothing
- Carhartt
- Wrangler
- Summer

Shoes
- Boots
- Sandals
- Sports

Etc...
- etc...
- etc...
- etc...

Sign in to reply to this post

kbarany382510

Update on Multiple Categories for PowerStore2

Unfortunately, I seem to have found an answer in other forums. It seems that you cannot assign multiple categories to a product. I am a little bit irritated as I was assured that I would be able to do this.

Here is the exact quote from my representative:

"Yes, you can assign two categories to one item. There is nothing within PowerStore to prevent you from doing this. All you would have to do is add that product to both categories."

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What was meant by this was that you would add the product to the database two times. Once for the Carhart category, once for the Wrangler Catagory. In other words, duplicate entries for everything except the category.

larsentim278054

Then you would have duplicates for almost every product. Is this really the only way of doing things? When someone was to look at all products, they'd see several of the same product (especially if that product was in more than two categories).

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  What was meant by this was that you would add the product to the database two times. Once for the Carhart category, once for the Wrangler Catagory. In other words, duplicate entries for everything except the category.  

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, in the currant version of power store this is the only way that a product can be added to more than one category.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...