close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Cannot edit form after creating a form with Form Builder

Thread began 9/20/2012 3:19 pm by sandy170299 | Last modified 5/27/2014 7:11 pm by thompson.lewis308225 | 4765 views | 19 replies |

sandy170299

Cannot edit form after creating a form with Form Builder

I have created a form with the CSS Form Builder, but now I cannot edit it through the properties panel. I am selecting the FORM tag, but I cannot edit it. Is this because I also inserted a Universal Email behavior in the page to email the form once it's submitted? What is the workaround for this? Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

are you selecting the form tag in Code view? Or selecting the form tag in the tag selector of the page. Make sure to use the tag Selector, and not just select the form tag in code view, this should trigger the edit option in the properties panel.

sandy170299

I'm using the tag inspector.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

can you send a copy of the page please so i can take a look at the code.

sandy170299

Jason, it appears to be working now. After I closed Dreamweaver, and re-opened it, the interface is now working. Very weird...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

ok, glad to hear it is working now.

thompson.lewis308225

Unable to edit form

Jason,
I just installed the latest version of Data Bridge on my MAC. I created a form on a php page. I was able to re-enter and edit the page as advertised. Dreamweaver crashed while i was doing an edit with the WA interface. I reopened the page and can no longer access the edit when i click on the tag. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I even tried to create a new form on a different php page and cannot access the edit section when i click on the tag.

I would greatly appreciate your help on this.

-Thompson

Paul

Jason,
I am having the same problem. Can't seem to edit a form that was inserted. I've attached the file.

I am selecting: <form#PatChemQuote PatChemQuote_Basic_Default> Is this correct?

Thanks...
Paul

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, that looks like the correct tag to select.

make sure you are using the tag selector, and not code view, also try closing and restarting DW.

maybe try installing the latest version of Data Bridge 1.1.7. uninstall the previous version from the extension manager first.

Paul

Hey Jason,

Nothing. Uninstalled Databridge, Design Extender and reinstalled the latest of both. I am in source code and selected the form on the tag selector and I don't get the edit form property window.

Any other thoughts?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...