close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

IE6 problems with horizontal menu

Thread began 8/06/2009 3:32 am by troy.c.morse370077 | Last modified 8/11/2009 2:29 pm by Eric Mittman | 2446 views | 5 replies |

troy.c.morse370077

Hi I have been using the CSS Menu writer to create menus for a school district and it has been working fine. The main website is www.sterlingpublicschools.org and then each school in the site has a subfolder name for the different sites for example Franklin schools is franklin The menus have been working good up until the latest school which is franklin school. The menu shows up fine in IE7 but not in IE6. There is just text and no background images for the menu. I'm not sure why it has been working fine for all the other schools that I have already done for the Sterling Public Schools but not this one. Please look at principal and tell me why the horizontal menu is not working in IE6?? They are all template pages except the main homepages.
Thanks
Troy

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

The reason why the menu is not displaying correctly on the principal page is because of the path to the IE specific CSS and other resources. The page is looking for the IE css file here:

CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu_ie.css

It is looking starting in the current principal directory. You will need to adjust the paths on this page so that it is like the index page in the franklin directory. Adding in a ../ in front of the path should do it. If this is in a template page the paths in the IE conditional comments do not get adjusted, you will need to do that manually in the template.

troy.c.morse370077

Hi thanks for the response I tried this and it is still not working in IE6. I don't understand this because all the other menus I have created in this website show up just fine in IE6 except this one? Please do you have any other suggestions on fixing this?
Thanks
Troy

Eric Mittman

It looks like you have a lot of extra menu code on this page, I saw menus numbering up into the 20's. You should update the page so that it only has the code for the menus that are present on the page.

When you get the page so that you have only the code for the one menu it will be much easier to figure out. Please update the page in this way and let us know if you have any other problems with the paths.

troy.c.morse370077

Thank you very much. It seems that the extra menu codes were causing a conflict and it looks as if it is working fine in IE6 and IE7 now- Thanks again

Eric Mittman

That is great to hear, having unneeded code on the page can sometimes have effects like this.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...