close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Quickbooks Non-Real Time Charge Card Processing

Thread began 8/05/2009 10:14 pm by Wayne366927 | Last modified 8/21/2009 1:06 pm by Wayne366927 | 4547 views | 10 replies |

Wayne366927

Quickbooks Non-Real Time Charge Card Processing

Hello:
How do you set up checkout so that no real time processor is required. We use Quickbooks for card processing and do not want to connect to a real time processor in eCart. Rather, we want to retrieve the sale from the DB and then enter it into QuickBooks for processing later. So, how do you disable real time processing?

Thanks,

Wayne G.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This is pretty simple to do but you should know that it is not an accepted standard to store credit card or other personal billing info directly in your db unencrypted. Depending on where you are this may even be illegal.

The idea with a checkout that places the order later like this would be to just have an insert occur from the checkout form and send the user to a thank you page of some type. You can then just query your db for the order details and process the order later. The rest of the checkout is not needed.

I would suggest that you do a call back to the user to gather the more sensitive details as these should not be stored in your db in such a way that you can pass them to your payment processing software or terminal.

Wayne366927

Hi Eric:
Thank you for your reply. Many carts collect and encrypt the card info, without collecting the CSV code. They offer a setting that then deletes the sensitive info in a number of days that the admin sets in the admin manager. I did not mean to suggest to store the info un-encrypted. But there are a lot of QuickBooks users that seek the solution that my inquiry requested. Is there a way to set the encryption and then the timed deletion of the card info? Seems this would be a good feature to encorporate into Powerstore 2.

Best regards,

Wayne G.

carleneBeta Tester

I second this...

I'm just putting in to your company that I am trying to do this as well. This is perhaps so that you could add this feature to an upgrade of eCart. Many people do not want to go to a payment gateway - but want to use your shopping cart and admin software!

Eric Mittman

I think this is a great suggestion for a new feature of eCart and PowerStore. I have logged this feature request so that it can be evaluated by our products team.

Wayne366927

Wonderful!!

Hi Eric:
I am happy to hear that you will consider this method for us QuickBooks users (and other delayed payment processors). If you want to really make it great I suggest a link that will create a coma delimeted file ready for import into QuickBooks. I believe you will find a lot of new eCart users once the QuickBooks community finds out about this.

Wayne G.

Eric Mittman

Thanks for the extra suggestion, I have added the request for the info in a csv type file for integration with Quick books. There is no guarantee that this will make it into a final version but it is there for the products team to check out.

Wayne366927

QuicBooks Processing

Hi Eric:
Again, thanks for the consideration. I see that Jason just answered the same thing in a different thread. The holy grail would be to use the QuickBooks API to connect to the QuickBooks database and run the whole thing from that DB, foregoing a DB being created just for the shopping cart. Manage one DB for the store and accounting. WOW! There is an ASP.NET cart like this, but other considerations prevent me from using it. I don't want to wish too big, so the CSV file for import would be fantastic. I hope other QuickBooks users will chime in to indicate their interest here........

Wayne G.

Eric Mittman

Thanks for that, if anyone else has any other thoughts or suggestions for this feature please post it here.

Richelle

Quickbooks

So am I understanding this correctly that ecart does not support Quickbooks? I have a couple of clients that want a shopping cart on their site which is the reason I purchased e cart. I hope I can use it.

If not, what would you suggest?

Richelle

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...